Subscriber Discussion

How Can I Configure Hikvision Panoramic DS-2DP1636Z-D?

am
ali mosbah
Mar 08, 2017

DS-2DP1636Z-D - It's with 8 cameras and PTZ "all of them in one camera body", when i try to configure it on NVR by channel port, the NVR accept just two of it, and the other areas it shows "wrong channel number"

JH
John Honovich
Mar 08, 2017
IPVM

Ali, which NVR? In general, multi-imager cameras tend to need custom support to fully function and are not as plug n play as single imager cameras.

am
ali mosbah
Mar 08, 2017

Hi John, NVR model is DS-7608/7616NI-K2/8P(16P) , yes .. it is not plug and play and I puted the PTZ  in one IP , and the others on same ip but different channel port .....

i got two from the 8 camera... but the others can not be connected .

So do I need another supported NVR , or I need to configure it by right way?

Jon Dillabaugh
Mar 08, 2017
Pro Focus LLC

This is nothing official, but generally speaking, in terms of Hikvision products, when you are dealing with the newest, high end cameras, you should be looking for the newest, best NVR available. 

That said, your NVR specs claim up to 8MP recording capability. The USA version of that same NVR (DS-7608NI-I2/8P) is rated at 12MP, so there must be some differences from region to region. 

From my experiences with the Hikvision panoramics and multi-imagers, you need an NVR rated for 12MP recording to support them. 

My opinion is you should look for a 12MP rated NVR. 

am
ali mosbah
Mar 08, 2017

Thank you Jon, I'll try another NVR

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions