Subscriber Discussion

How Are You Presenting/Creating Your Proposal? What Format?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jun 21, 2017

We use a couple different programs. One to do the system design, the other for the write up. Then we merge it to create one PDF file. We then deliver/email the PDF.

It seems so flat. We are a surveillance company that is supposed to be technical. I think adding some links to YouTube is a step in the right direction but I am looking for something more sophisticated.

Something web based maybe they can click on, go to different pages, have videos embedded, etc.

I was looking at something like pandadocs or https://www.proposify.biz/

I just thought of this yesterday so research is just starting, not sure if those platforms incorporate video.

(1)
Skip Cusack
Jun 22, 2017

How about embedding content from the IPVM camera calculator? If IPVM allows that sort of thing. IPVM released a very cool article back in 2015 with example images that could liven up a proposal, and more importantly, help convey the nature of a proposed surveillance system.

On another note, a while back I volunteered to help get a PACS and CCTV system into a school, and along with the school's leadership reviewed about a dozen proposals. Half of them were discarded out of hand due to appalling spelling and grammar. Obviously, this did not make a good impression with professional educators. Slick marketing is fine, but the basics have to be there too.

JH
John Honovich
Jun 22, 2017
IPVM

How about embedding content from the IPVM camera calculator?

Lots of integrators use their exports from the IPVM Camera Calculator in their presentations.

If IPVM allows that sort of thing. 

We definitely allow it. We don't allow sharing our reports because of the concern that it would be spun promotionally. However, Camera calculations are a product of what the user put it (models, FoV, resolution, aim, etc.) and therefore reflect the designers work, not outs.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions