Subscriber Discussion

House Of Worship Integration

TD
Ted DeMatteo
Oct 17, 2015

Hello:

I have a question about integration of an access control system and video system for a House of Worship. Maybe 5500 members. Of course we have the various rooms that are scheduled out to various groups and keys floating around everywhere. I have heard about access control systems and software that integrates with scheduling software and video systems. There is still quite a bit of management that is needed but from what I have read, this has been reduced from days per week to hours.

As with any organization there are only 10% of the people who get involved and need credentials. I was hoping someone has had some experience with this from the past who can lead me down the correct path. Almost forgot, about 50 different doors would require credentials.

Thanks

Ted

PS: As a member of the Church, I am just going to write the specification and assist in the bidding process, so if anyone has a desire to get a copy of the specs just PM me and I will send you a copy when they are done. Location is the Houston, Texas area.

T

JH
John Honovich
Oct 18, 2015
IPVM

"I have heard about access control systems and software that integrates with scheduling software and video systems."

Ted, which scheduling software specifically do you want the access control system to integrate with?

U
Undisclosed #1
Nov 23, 2015

Not sure if you found a solution yet, but I had a similar situation a few months ago and another that I'm working on now. The first one, we used Avigilon's end to end solution with video and their access control. The access control, I found to be a bit difficult to manage at first, but it turned out to be great once they were able to learn the software and how to implement schedules. The one I'm working on now is a Brivo solution. They already have cameras in place and now they can schedule and see who entered what door and also get the video along with it. It is working seamlessly so far and I'm enjoying it as well. Real time events and access with both, but I'm finding Brivo is just a bit more user friendly.

UE
Undisclosed End User #2
Nov 25, 2015

When the Ten Commandments aren't enough to keep people honest..... Avigilon has a solution.

(1)
(1)
(2)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions