Subscriber Discussion

Honeywell Manufactured In USA ?

MM
Mostafa Mohamed
Feb 02, 2018

I wonder if Honeywell IP cameras "Fixed Dome, Bullet & PTZ" are manufactured in USA as a Honeywell Integrator said to me that they have a factory and a line that is manufactured in USA and it was the first time for me to hear that as I know that it's Hikvision and Dahua OEM. So is that true ?

Rick Gallant
Feb 02, 2018

Did the integrator happen to mention where this factory is in the US? Maybe they are simply assembled/packaged there.

MM
Mostafa Mohamed
Feb 02, 2018

Nope he did not say, but he says that it's fully manufactured in US not just packaged and he said that he will get a certificate with the products delivery that country of origin and manufacture is US but I think also that it's just packaged or the final quality inspection is done on the US not the manufacture.

MM
Mostafa Mohamed
Feb 03, 2018

Any clues guys or a way to know if this is a true or not

JH
John Honovich
Feb 03, 2018
IPVM

My understanding, from sources, is that Honeywell has major manufacturing lines for Intrusion, Access and Fire products and they do some manufacturing in Americas for select video products. I was not able to identify which video products are made in the USA.

Mostafa, let us know what products he gets a certificate for. In general, I am pretty positive that their low cost cameras are overwhelmingly, if not all, made outside the US.

MM
Mostafa Mohamed
Feb 03, 2018

He still did not get the certificates but some of the models are H4D2S2 / HDZ302D / HBW2PR2

JH
John Honovich
Feb 03, 2018
IPVM

I am extremely skeptical of that as those are regular cameras, e.g., the H4D2S2 is a low-cost basic camera that almost certainly is OEMed.

(1)
JW
Julian Wendler
Feb 03, 2018

Honeywell received all of their cameras from Dahua. see also the NVR. exact the same except the final software layer...

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Feb 04, 2018

Dahua OEM

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions