Can someone confirm whether or not the Honeywell systems below are pure cloud based systems?
- Access control NetAXS: (e.g. Brivo/Kisi/Sequr)
- CCTV MaxPro: (e.g. Verkada/EagleEye/Meraki)
Tend to find that manufactures use the word "cloud" quite broadly and in most cases they are referring to the ability to:
- Access the software remotely from a range of diffent devices e.g. tablets/smart phones
- Software is accessible via a web-browser
What I mean by cloud is that the software environment is both hosted and managed, so that:
- the technology platform is the responsibility of the manufacturer (not hosted in either the client's or integrator's data centers) and comes packaged with all the necessary redundancy requirements i.e. being hosted across multiple data centers
- for cctv, storage is primarily in the cloud (storage/cameras can be added with complete flexibility) with either edge/local storage devices are just there for back up
- have all the right cloud cyber security protocols e.g. SOC2
- software is continually updated so there is no need for Client I.T. or systems integrator to update
- most modern cloud based systems have open APIs
Thanks in advance for your help.