Hikvision Supercircuits HDTVI Cameras Only $16 Now - The End Is Here?

Ethan Ace
Jul 28, 2016

Just got a sales flyer from online shop Supercircuits, with 720p Hikvision OEM TVI models selling for only $15.74 and a 4-camera kit (with 1TB HDD) selling for only $190:

With cameras now selling this low (and only $20 when not on sale, by the look of it), how much further down can we go?

Hal Bennick
Jul 28, 2016
Trafficware, a CUBIC Company

Now selling CCTV...

(2)
U
Undisclosed #1
Jul 28, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Sure, but at least the Chinese invented gunpowder...

(1)
(1)
Brian Rhodes
Jul 28, 2016
IPVMU Certified

1942: CCTV invented

1975: VCR recorders with removable/portable media invented

2016: Disposable video surveillance systems invented

(5)
John Bazyk
Jul 28, 2016
Command Corporation • IPVMU Certified

Is it possible that they're bottoming out because they're having a hard time selling HDTVI cameras? They cant be making much money on these.

JH
John Honovich
Jul 28, 2016
IPVM

My understanding with the 720p HD analog prices is that they are being phased out as 3MP / HD analog 3.0 get released.

UE
Undisclosed End User #2
Jul 29, 2016

Could also be a statement about the reseller...

Gert Molkens
Jul 29, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I saw an add of a company called Weisky offerin HD IP cameras at 7$99 and an IP speed dome at 99$ (no specs supplied). Almost at the bottom with these i guess

rl
rona lee
Aug 06, 2016

Nobody buy 1mp 720p camera right now. That's the reason why they sell at this price.

Gert Molkens
Aug 07, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Why wouldn't you buy 720p camera's if that's all the resolution you need for the situation where you want to use it? I don't buy higher resolution cameras just for the pixels of it,,they have to be usefull to justify the extra price

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions