Hikvision Responds To Accusations Of Being A Cyber Security Risk

MM
Michael Miller
Mar 09, 2017
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Mar 09, 2017

This question:

Is Hikvision a division of the Chinese government? What is the ownership structure of Hikvision?

The response was basically "yes" and not a denial.

Also why do people caught in the crosshairs resort to calling IPVM a blog?  I have seen this many times.

U
Undisclosed #2
Mar 09, 2017

What is your definition of IPVM?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Mar 09, 2017

A industry specific news and information site with forums.  Blogs generally don't have a paywall, quizzes, training, industry specific tools, etc.

(3)
Kyle Folger
Mar 09, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Also why do people caught in the crosshairs resort to calling IPVM a blog?

I believe many do this to try and belittle IPVM and make it seem not credible. Many blogs are made up of opinion so calling IPVM a blog makes it sound unimportant. The problem is that there are many professionals on this site like there are many professionals that contribute to sites like this in other industries. I like to think of it as a collective community as far as the discussions are concerned. 

(3)
JH
John Honovich
Mar 09, 2017
IPVM

That interview is the English language version of the Swedish post I mentioned last week.

As for Hikvision calling IPVM a 'blog', also notice how Hikvision never mentions 'IPVM', just the reference to a 'blog' or 'bloggers' or 'online blogger site'. Presumably this is way to belittle IPVM, though obviously the sheer fact that Hikvision brings it up repeatedly attests otherwise.

Btw, as for Hikvision not having a backdoor, a researcher this week is claiming a backdoor in Hikvision that he has given Hikvision until March 20th to fix.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions