Subscriber Discussion

Axis C3003-E Network Horn Not Compatible With Hikvision NVR, What NVR Can It Be Used With?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Mar 13, 2018

Hello, I have question. I have a Hikvision NVR, can i use the axis C3003-E Network Horn Speaker on this nvr? is this compatible? let me know.

Rob Kilpatrick
Mar 14, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

I looked into this using our Hikvision 9632 NVR, the C3003-E wouldn't add to the NVR using the Axis driver and the C3003-E doesn't support Onvif, so no, it isn't compatible. Hope that helps.

UI
Mar 15, 2018

Hello, thanks for the info.

Rob Kilpatrick
Mar 15, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Undisclosed Integrator 1:

Who knows which NVR will work with the Axis C3003-E Network Horn Speaker? A brand other than Axis, thnx

I will look into this for you using some of the NVR's we have around the office and update. We've also forwarded your question to Axis, I will update if they give any feedback.

UI
Mar 16, 2018

Ok thanks, I'll keep an eye on you, if you get that information let me know. Thnx.

MS
Midwest Surveillance
Mar 16, 2018

ExacqVision shows the C3003-E was Detected, with Audio G.711u and Two Way Audio Passing their tests.

2-Way Audio is confirmed with Milestone for this device. 

Our current Office Demo System is Video Insight, and the C3003-E is listed as a model when adding a device. It isnt published on the VI/Panasonic site, but seeing it listed in the software is further proof. 

Thats all I can find for now. =)

Rob Kilpatrick
Mar 20, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

If you must use an NVR, the horn will add to an Exacq NVR. here is out report on the M-Series NVR.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Mar 16, 2018

Not certain there are any NVRs that it would be compatible with unless they have special drivers.  There are many VMS to select from where it will function.

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Mar 19, 2018

I would assume that the only NVR with the needed drivers would be an Axis Companion recorder.

(1)
(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Mar 19, 2018

I would assume that the only NVR with the needed drivers would be an Axis Companion recorder.

Not certain.  I have never used one but aren't the Companion series the units that only work with certain, very specific low end Axis cameras?  That seems like a bad assumption if so.

Kestutis Nagys
Mar 19, 2018

What is the purpose using Axis horn with Hikvision NVR? If you need to play audio clips on events - it can be realized via Axis VAPIX http cgi commands without connecting it to NVR or VMS as device.

(1)
Michael Kragh
Mar 20, 2018

It can easily be used with an Avigilon NVR - it is integrated and does not cost any extra license fee.

(1)
MM
Matt Martin
Jan 16, 2020

Is it possible to use a P8221 to detect audio from an NVR's audio output and trigger a C3003 to play it?

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions