Subscriber Discussion

Hikvision IVMS-4200 Web Client - Internal Server Setup?

NL
Nicholas Lyle
Apr 07, 2017

In the iVMS-4200 setup guide it talks about iVMS-4200 having an internal web server and a web client for internal playback and live view.

We have the newest version on ivms setup 2.5.1 and it doesn't appear to have an internal server setup. Is there a place to configure or add in this component? 

MC
Marty Calhoun
Apr 07, 2017
IPVMU Certified

U sure its iVMS-4200 and not iVMS-5200 which is really Hik-Central?

NL
Nicholas Lyle
Apr 07, 2017

Chapter 10 Web Browsing Purpose: The iVMS-4200 client software can also be accessed through web browsing. It provides the functionalities of live view, playback, device management, account management, system configuration, etc. 10.1 Login Steps: 1. Input the IP address of the PC running the iVMS-4200 in the address bar of the web browser, and press the Enter key. A login window will pop up. 2. Input the user name and password of iVMS-4200. 3. Optionally, check the checkbox Remember password to save the password. 4. Click Login. Note: You can set the language as Chinese or English in the upper-right corner of the login interface

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Apr 09, 2017

They don't update their literature for most new releases and it could have been removed. It's been a while but it used to install in several parts, the client, server piece and "stream media server". Ensure you installed all of them. Later versions have full and lite versions, ensure you installed the full. 

Make sure you've enabled "stream media server" as this video instructs: https://youtu.be/Bz2soZMxIBU

If all that fails go to earlier versions that have this functionality. I know iVMS-4200(v2.5.0.5) had a Lite and Full Version. You may even have to go back further to v2.4.1.3  

Let me know if neither of these have it and I'll dig up an older version and put it up on Dropbox. 

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions