Subscriber Discussion

Hikvision Freeze, Or Frozen Displays

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Apr 13, 2017

I have VMS with 3 different servers on it, all Exacqvision. I have about 30 cameras per server and I added 3 new Hikvision 2132 cameras to the system. All worked fine for the 1st year, then on a regular basis only the new cameras go to sleep, stop working, freeze up. When I get back on site I find they froze when their is no activity. During the wee hours of the am early morning. 11 pm to 4 am . not always the same. 

I unplug, re power up and everything works fine. back to normal. 

In troubleshooting I change settings on the cameras either constant, variable, or other settings , they work for a couple of weeks then I go back to reset them . the cameras are 2-3 years old , only happens with the 3 mpxl cameras . All other 60 cameras ok , all gigabit networks with gigabit poe switches, all Cat 5 e infrastructure 

Any suggestions? Has anyone had these problems with their systems or hikvision cameras?

Brandon Knutson
Apr 13, 2017
IPVMU Certified

When a camera is non-functioning within Exacqvision, what does it look like if you attempt to view the camera through the camera's web-interface?

MC
Marty Calhoun
Apr 13, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Just for good measure, upgrade the firmware to the latest version # 1 and #2 review the log on your Exacq server and see if you might locate any clues as to what is happening.

(1)
(1)
Jon Dillabaugh
Apr 13, 2017
Pro Focus LLC

I second the firmware update as your first step. That may resolve the issue, maybe not, but it's the logical first step.

Second step would be to place an SNMP trap on them and see what is going on.

If you don't see any issues with the SNMP trap, check your log files in your switch and see if there is any data there.

You could also swap camera locations. Swap physical locations of a good vs bad camera. That way you can rule out switch ports, cabling, and environmental conflicts.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions