Subscriber Discussion

Hikvision NVR Recording On Motion Despite Being Set To Continuous

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
May 04, 2018

The recordings in the NVR seems to be recording in the motion mode despite settings in continuous mode.

Specs: Hikvision 9632NI-I8 firmware V3.4.95 Build 170626

Is there any settings to be done IPC, so that it records 24x7x365 and not motion based.

Rob Kilpatrick
May 07, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Is this happening to all of the cameras on the NVR? Did you set all of the cameras to record continuously or just the channel that you took a screenshot of? Just want to eliminate setup error before looking further into this.

FD
Fazleabbas Dhirani
May 07, 2018
IPVMU Certified

All the cameras.

DW
David Westberry
May 07, 2018
IPVMU Certified

The color of the time bar seems to indicate that you are pulling the continuous record stream, it's blue, but have video loss. I do know, if you set them for continuous and enable motion on the cameras that you can search for motion events or playback continuous. I do not trust motion only recordings. I have been burnt by it in front of officers looking for evidence and the event they wanted was missed. After three times I do not setup motion only recording, just a side note.

UI
May 08, 2018

I just realized , there's a strange happening in the NVR.

The time displayed in the IPC in the NVR , changes on its' own.

Please see this video
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MamxloBm6KmexkE3Rs-HFxEO6vlzsE-z

NVR mode : DS-9632NI-I8
FW : V3.4.95 build 170626
Encoding Version : V5.0 build 170412
Web Version : V4.0.1 build 170124
Plugin Version : V3.0.6.13

Any one what can it be ?

Jon Dillabaugh
May 08, 2018
Pro Focus LLC

Are you using an NTP server for time management? If so, which one?

Do you have your time zone, DST, and offset settings set correctly?

UI
May 08, 2018

No,  I don't use a NTP server.

Jon Dillabaugh
May 08, 2018
Pro Focus LLC

I would suggest you try that and see if the time jumping continues or if using NTP solves the issue. 

(1)
JL
Joe LoRe
May 17, 2018

Funny i had opposite problem with same units.  Cameras would record constantly at the frame rates that were set for the event 12fps I had a mix of 3 megapixel Vandal domes and 5 megapixel turrets on the job and each time I would check it different cameras would have changed their continuous frame rates Hikvision had no answer for me since recorder and all camera firmware was up to date. They suggested defaulting the NVR and deleting and readding all cameras

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions