Subscriber Discussion

Hikvision Customer Relations Cold Calls Asking For Feedback

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Mar 31, 2017

Anyone else getting cold calls from Hikvision customer relations asking about feedback on Hikvision products? The person calling from Hikvision wanted feedback on an install our company did almost 4 years ago (last time we purchased Hikvision). 

I've never gotten a call from any other manufacturer like this, so it seems a little odd given their current standing in the marketplace.

(2)
(2)
Brian Karas
Mar 31, 2017
IPVM

What kind of information were they asking for? Did it seem like they were trying to sell you more equipment, or just get feedback. Also, what did you tell them?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Mar 31, 2017

They were asking for positive or negative feedback concerning any Hikvision products. How did we like them? Would we consider them again in future projects? That kind of thing.

I was real vague and said I wouldn't be making any statements regarding Hikvision. That kind of ended it right there.

Seemed like they were fishing for how the company is seen among integrators. The whole thing seemed a little weird.

(3)
MM
Michael Miller
Mar 31, 2017

I received a random call too but I have haven't had time to return it. 

U
Undisclosed #2
Apr 01, 2017

Look out... with all the back doors being locked down, they're probably phishing for your information now.

(2)
(4)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Apr 01, 2017

I have received a lot of calls from Hikvision as a dealer since the whole hacking/cyber security thing blew up a month or so ago. Seems like they are trying to be proactive to save dealers.

(3)
U
Undisclosed #4
Apr 01, 2017

Sounds like normal market research that soo many western companies do in one form or another. 

If Hikvision uses the results of the market research to improve their product and service to better fit the market it could be a great thing for everyone. 

(3)
(1)
(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Apr 01, 2017

*Cough* Hikvision employee ^ *cough* *cough*

(1)
(1)
JH
John Honovich
Apr 02, 2017
IPVM

#2 and #4, you are actually both from the same company - Hikvision's blood rival. You all are amazing! :)

(5)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #5
Apr 03, 2017

got a call, never returned it.

Joseph Henry
Apr 07, 2017

Got a call about the cyber security issues. Wanted to know if I needed any help.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions