MM
Michael Miller
Nov 24, 2017
(1)
JH
John Honovich
Nov 24, 2017
IPVM

Yes, Hikvision Europe just started to market them.

Hikvision China lists a number of wireless networking series:

The tall slender one looks to be from the 11N series:

The DS-3WFO3C specs include:

Evidently, some Chinese source re-sellers are listing it for sale for under $200, e.g.:

2 things:

(1) I wonder how it will compare to Ubiquiti? Anyone have any observations based on Hikvision model specs?

(2) I wonder how easy / hard / costly it will be to support this? Wireless support, unlike video surveillance, can get quite expensive.

Finally, worth emphasizing, this is Europe announcing this, not North America. Given North America's general relative delay and, in some cases, decisions not to release products available in Europe, it could be a year or never that this wireless equipment is directly sold in North America.

JH
John Honovich
Nov 24, 2017
IPVM

Btw, funny enough, a few minutes ago, Dahua corporate just posted a wireless node install video:

So it would appear, as usual, the companies are copying / following each other into new spaces.

(1)
FM
Frantz Mathias
Nov 24, 2017

Issue with wireless remains power: if you have to run wires to power it then you might as well run another of wire to network it ... Solar can be a solution .. which can become quite expensive in term of installation costs 

(2)
(1)
JH
John Honovich
Nov 24, 2017
IPVM

if you have to run wires to power it then you might as well run another of wire to network

Many times power is available at a far or remote side. Power can come from many sources but wired networking for IP cameras needs to have a path back to the recorder, which, in practice, is less common than having power near the camera.

(6)
JH
Jay Hobdy
Nov 26, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Like John said, many locations have power such as remote buildings, gated entrances, poolhouse, etc.

We have even used them down hallways that were all drywall and the client did not want conduit.

(1)
(1)
Scott Smith
Nov 24, 2017
IPVMU Certified

That one piece looks exactly like a Nano Station M5

https://www.ubnt.com/airmax/nanostationm/

JH
Jay Hobdy
Nov 26, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Why are there 2 pieces on the first portion?

I really really really wish Ubiquiti would make these devices so you could run conduit right to them and not have any wiring showing.

(4)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #3
Jan 18, 2018

Pretty sure Fluidmesh can do this.

U
Undisclosed #1
Nov 27, 2017

More Bitcoin mining nodes!

(4)
Sean Nelson
Jan 18, 2018
Nelly's Security

If this is true, this could be a nice differentiating factor:

- Zero configuration: Pre-configured, plug-and-play, configuration via web interface possible

MM
Michael Miller
Jan 18, 2018

Not really different.  Lots of PTP wireless systems come preconfigured for PTP applications.  

Here is an example from Fluidmesh:

Sean Nelson
Jan 18, 2018
Nelly's Security

Is price comparable to a pair of Ubiquiti Nanostation Loco M5's. I know nanostations dont come pre-configured but just curious.

MM
Michael Miller
Jan 18, 2018

Those Fluidmesh radios are more then UBNT but not as bad as you think.  That was the first one thought of but there are many more from other manufacturers even UBNT gear.

Also, those Loco's are rather long in the tooth.  Are you still selling a lot of them? 

Sean Nelson
Jan 18, 2018
Nelly's Security

thats all we sell for ptp but no we dont sell alot. We sell them as pre-configured pairs as well. I have one of my guys pre-load configs on them.

MM
Michael Miller
Jan 18, 2018

Those units are old.  You should look at the new radios as you can set them up from your cell phone.  Super easy. 

(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Jan 18, 2018

Anybody figured out the backdoor URL string yet?

(2)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions