Subscriber Discussion

Hik IVMS4500 App Only Displaying 1 Of 7 Cameras

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Apr 08, 2017

Hikvisions tech support seems to be down at the moment, anyone else not getting through?

I just set up a customer with 7 cameras, TurboHD with 5 HD analog and 2 IP cameras. 

They were all visible via the app then I modified the recording settings and substreams. They all match each other, 4cif, nothing unusual, pretty standard settings.

Now only one of the IP cameras will show up on the app. 

Any ideas?

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Apr 08, 2017

They're not open on the weekends.

Can you view them on the local network? Is the problem only exhibiting itself remotely?

If so, try turning off uPNP in the camera/NVR. 

UI
Apr 09, 2017

I remoted in and I think this is what did it. I think it would have been on previously by default, any idea what would have caused the cameras to lose connection after changing substream settings?

Also why would that cause this problem in general?

UM
Apr 09, 2017

If you're manually port forwarding uPNP will cause conflicts.

if this isn't a manual port forwarding scenario it could be as simple as mentioned below by Richard. 

UI
Apr 09, 2017

Got it, thanks. I am indeed manually port forwarding, and possibly tried upnp beforhand. 

(1)
UM
Apr 09, 2017

Found this also: UPnP vs Port Forwarding

If UPnP is enabled in the HikVision DVR or IP Camera, and Manual Port Forwarding rules have been created- these settings will conflict with each other. Due to this conflict, the forwarded ports will appear to be closed, and there will be no communication to the DVR from a public network, and the DDNS will fail to register. To avoid this conflict- disable the UPnP on the DVR/Camera.

(1)
UI
Apr 09, 2017

That last sentence explains it quite nicely. Thanks!

Richard Brady
Apr 09, 2017

if you are only viewing a single camera in the 9 camera view layout, highlight an adjacent blank view-screen and a camera tree on the left side of screen should pop up. Choose a camera from the tree to be populated automatically. Repeat until all views are populated. This is your new view.

(1)
UI
Apr 09, 2017

Thanks, I have had this happen before. Usually a customer accidentally swipes up and causes a cam to go blank. 

In this case however, it is not the problem. Only one camera was available at all. 

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Apr 09, 2017

I had a similar experience just 2 weeks ago with an LTS 32 Channel (HIK OEM) NVR.  It had been installed for over a year with no internet, so can't swear it could have existed and didn't know about it.   I added some cameras and did a firmware upgrade and connected it to the customers new internet router with port forwarding and LTS DDNS. Only 2 of the cameras were direct connected to NVR and the others were in a separate POE Switch. 

Everything went fine.  Set it up on IVMS 4500 and the customers began logging in.  Then I got a call that it was only showing 1 camera.  I later logged in from my phone and it was fine.  Then it went back to 1 phone.  What's crazier, is that when I logged in on a browser with the DDNS, it displayed the one camera log on screen instead of the DVR.  It's like it port forwarded randomly through to this one camera.  

I had virtual server turned on and that may have somehow been doing it.  I turned it off, rearranged some cameras and the problem seems to have gone away.

I would just like to know what was going on there.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions