Subscriber Discussion

Hikvision DS-2DF8236I-AELW Sample Footage?

SH
Sam Hightower
Jan 02, 2018

Would anyone happen to have footage from the HIK DS-2DF8236I-AELW? Would like to see something from it before considering it for a job

U
Undisclosed #1
Jan 03, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Are these of any help? Not sure if they’re essentially the same camera as what you are looking at or not...

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Jan 03, 2018
IPVM

Sam is using the ADI part number. Ethan has already looked at this, please respond / update.

(1)
(1)
SH
Sam Hightower
Jan 03, 2018

I thought I had went back and changed it guess, it did not take or I am not yet used to this system

SH
Sam Hightower
Jan 18, 2018

Thank for the links

Ethan Ace
Jan 04, 2018

We have not tested that camera, so I can't share any samples here or comment directly on its performance. One of the major things we've seen with other Hikvision PTZs (4K IR1080p IR) is focus tracking. Following an object throughout the scene, cameras frequently have issues focusing properly, and may take several seconds, or in some extreme cases, 15-20 seconds, to focus, which makes tracking very difficult.

That being said, it's notably less of an issue in the 1080p Hikvision model we've tested, but it still slips a little, shown here from our tests:

The 8236 is a DarkFighter camera with a larger sensor, as well, so could improve low light performance over what you see in that test.

What sort of environment are you considering it for? How well lit and evenly lit is it? 

SH
Sam Hightower
Jan 18, 2018

The camera was initially planned for a waterfront home with decent lighting close to the house but very little as you get past 50ft out. Once they put more consideration into the cost and what they would actually use the camera for we ended up going with a 7230 and upgrading the NVR to allow for future camera upgrades.

I am still thinking of trying the 8236 here at the shop so I know if it is a camera I want to consider for future applications

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions