Subscriber Discussion

Heard Tyco To Buy Diebold Security?

U
Undisclosed #1
Oct 01, 2015

heard a couple of people say this, anyone else hear? good move?

Mark Jones
Oct 01, 2015

I have not heard that, but I hope so.

Scott Gerrels
Oct 05, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Tyco can barely manage their own installations - I dont see how purchasing Diebold would help.

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Oct 06, 2015

They could pick up the customers they lost to Diebold when Diebold was over promising while laying off their most experienced crews.

(1)
EP
Eddie Perry
Oct 19, 2015

Yes i know I was a on a job with a few of thier guys when they did the "lottery" layoff. One of the vest guys for their fire alarm section who was handling a 4 multi-story building upfit drew the short straw in the middle of the project. needless to say diebold has been permabaned for even bidding on contracts from the government agencies were working for that time.

nothing Diebold does makes sense to me.

(1)
UM
Oct 18, 2015

iT WOULD GIVE THEM THE CASH PORTION OF THEIR PROPOSED PURCHASE OF WINCOR.

(1)
(1)
U
Undisclosed #3
Oct 19, 2015

Well now, isn't this how rumors get started?

SN
Simon Nazaretian
Oct 20, 2015

Sounds like someone wants to make some money shorting stock...

(1)
(1)
UM
Oct 20, 2015

Shorting DBD would be a fools play. Being in a limited ATm industry and suing Hiusong for patent infringementm plus buying Wicnor is a great play. Get updated.

SN
Simon Nazaretian
Oct 20, 2015

I guess I should have thrown in an LOL or a sarcasm tag to make an (obviously) bad joke a little more evident.

But thank you for the update.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #5
Oct 20, 2015

Anyone within the security industry looking to buy Diebold would likely buy only their electronic security division and not the ATM side (the much larger piece of Diebold).

(1)
U
Undisclosed #4
Oct 19, 2015
IPVMU Certified

DieCo sounds about right.

UM
Oct 19, 2015

I like Ty-die.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #4
Oct 25, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Diebold trying to buy Wincor for 52.00 Euros a throw.

Hans Kahler
Oct 25, 2015
Eagle Eye Networks

Looks like there was some foundation to the rumors - just the wrong company doing the acquisition. Securitas agreed to buy Diebold Electronic Security today

http://news.diebold.com/press-releases/diebold-agrees-to-sell-north-america-electronic-security-business-to-securitas.htm?_ga=1.40568033.238190253.1423249992

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #5
Oct 26, 2015

Selling the Diebold security side may now help the core company (the ATM side) acquire their European competitor--Wincor. Smart move by Diebold corporate to divest themselves of the smaller security side.

Regarding the electronic division sale, Securitas has been down this road before when they created Niscayah as their Integrator arm, then selling it to Stanley. Will be interesting to see how they handle this integration, and if they truly mean to stay in the integrator business this time around.

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Oct 26, 2015
IPVM

New post: Securitas Buys Diebold Security NA for $350M

Most interesting element here is that Securitas is bearish on their core guard business and want to shift towards technology now.

Btw, Securitas did not sell Niscayah to Stanley, Securitas spun out (what was to become Niscayah) about 10 years ago. In 2011, there was an auction to buy Niscayah and Securitas was outbid by Stanley.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions