RW
Rukmini Wilson
Aug 20, 2014

And are they ever cheap!

JH
John Honovich
Aug 20, 2014
IPVM

Good find. Btw, this appears to be Trend, whomever that company is, not Hikvision.

RW
Rukmini Wilson
Aug 20, 2014

Strange: All HDCVI product has disappeared from secuexpress.com, except one $300+ 720P minidome, apparently put there as a reference for any savvy comparison shoppers.

Stranger: The Trend Page on secuexpress repeatably claims Trend provides HDCVI, not TVI!

Trend is one of most renowned security brands in China, which specialize in the surveillance technology and is committed to providing customer with professional IP camera and HDCVI solution. They are supplying a complete line of HDCVI cameras...

Strangest: The first three 960P cameras in Jeremiah's discussion photo, are dead-ringers for this camera above, down to the blue-ish LEDS and the ridges at the base.

I would think that these are really HDCVI cameras, just listed incorrectly if it weren't for the fact that at the bottom of the Trend page it shows the HDTVI logo, and the HIkvision one!

@John, what are the chances that HDCVI and HDTVI are at least somewhat compatible accidentally or intentionally? Like as much as watching PAL on an NTSC display is?

Is there any technical spec published for TVI or CVI that would indicate they cannot be?

For the record, between AHD,CVI, and TVI I say two of them are compatible.

JH
John Honovich
Aug 20, 2014
IPVM

My guess is that none of them will be compatible with the others, but I won't have proof until we test. However, none of them have claimed cross compatibility which is not a good sign.

Carl Lindgren
Aug 20, 2014

I've decided to develop my own HD technology. Gonna call it HD-GLI, which stands for Hot Dawg! Good Looking Images.

Then I'm going to take over every CCTV discussion by posting comments unrelated to the original posting just to anger everyone. My final step will be to get "adopted" by a major Chinese manufacturer so that I can live out my life in luxury.

(2)
RW
Rukmini Wilson
Aug 21, 2014

So far so good! ;)

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions