Subscriber Discussion

Hikvision HDTVI Encoder With Exacq?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Feb 25, 2016

Has anyone tried Hikvision's DS-6700-HQHI-SATA yet with Exacqvision? Only DS-6700HFI encoders (NTSC) are verified for support/functionality (1 license per 4 channels). I was curious whether we will get 4 HD-TVI channels for 1 license and/or whether Hikvision driver support works (motion, fps, compression, resolution).

U
Undisclosed #2
Feb 26, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Where are you getting that part number?  I'm not finding it.

I am seeing that there are finally some TVI encoders on the Chinese site, like this one.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Feb 26, 2016
IPVMU Certified
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Feb 26, 2016

Actually the Hikvision rep came by our location last week. I asked the same question and was told it's currently in Exacq's hands, but no verified date yet.

Looking forward to trying this out though. I have a couple locations where rewiring doesn't make sense, but replacing with high def analog then encoding to exacq would be cost-effective and more likely to help generate a sale.

MM
Michael Miller
Feb 26, 2016

I have been testing this encoder with Avigilon for a couple of months. Right now video works but motion detection does not. Since Exacq does motion on the camera I would think it would be the same.

U
Undisclosed #2
Feb 26, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I assuming Exacq doesn't support Analog HD DVRs either?

Milestone allows 16 ch HD DVRs as 1 license, so there is reason to believe encoders would be the same.

Jon Dillabaugh
Feb 27, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

How is this NOT a DVR?

MM
Michael Miller
Feb 27, 2016

Jon. When I got mine I though the same thing. No where on the box or manual does it say "encoder". They also have space to install 2 hard drives.

But unlike their DVR counter parts they do not have a local video output.

U
Undisclosed #2
Feb 27, 2016
IPVMU Certified

The line is even blurrier when looking at the Dahua encoder, since it has HDMI out.

Jon Dillabaugh
Feb 27, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

Michael, so how much EXTRA do we pay for this FEATURE? Lol

MM
Michael Miller
Feb 27, 2016
Jon my cost for the encoder was over $500.00. You would think encoders would be cheaper but not so.
(1)
Jon Dillabaugh
Mar 02, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

That was my point. You pay DOUBLE to not have a video output port. You can easily find a 16CH TVI DVR from Hik for under $250

https://www.123securityproducts.com/ds-7216hghi-sh.html

MM
Michael Miller
Feb 27, 2016
Jon my cost for the encoder was over $500.00. You would think encoders would be cheaper but not so.
(1)
MM
Michael Miller
Feb 27, 2016
(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #4
Mar 02, 2016

Was going to suggest another analog to IP model but didn't see the TVI in there until after I posted and cant delete the post entirely upon edit? Disregard

MM
Michael Miller
Mar 02, 2016

@Jon: I completely agree that Hikvision hybrid DVRs are cheaper but they not are fully supported as encoder devices with all VMS platforms. IMHO they should adjust the firmware in the DVRs so they would work like encoders instead of releasing a new product line that basically is the same product with less feature for over twice the money.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Mar 02, 2016
IPVMU Certified

IMHO they should adjust the firmware in the DVRs so they would work like encoders instead of releasing a new product line that basically is the same product with less feature for over twice the money.

Who would pay for all the new driver development then? Should they raise the price of the DVRs?

MM
Michael Miller
Mar 02, 2016

@Undisclosed 2: What about a licenses fee to turn on the encoder feature?

U
Undisclosed #2
Mar 02, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Sure, that would work for people who buy standalone and later upsize.

Btw, back in the day, IBM used to sell their 'big iron' mainframes with all 8 CPU's installed, even if you only bought it with one. You could call them to activate it at any time, for a fee of course. I'm not sure if it was a sales driven offering or engineering driven, but it doesn't take long before your on the phone activating.

Mike Dotson
Mar 09, 2016
Formerly of Seneca • IPVMU Certified

I worked at IBM a long time before my current job. The reason was a bit of both.

The CPUs were all there because of how the cooling solution worked...so they turned it into an easier upgrade choice.

JH
John Honovich
Jan 06, 2017
IPVM

Bumping this because a member just asked today. Anyone with new experience with this?

Tyler Blake
Jan 11, 2017
BCI Integrated Solutions

Bump again looking for a hd over coax encoder that will work on exacq.

Ethan Ace
Jan 12, 2017

The Hikvision DS-6716HQHI-SATA TVI Encoder is listed as supported in Exacq now: https://exacq.com/integration/ipcams/#getCameraRecord=c9c17635-42d2-93fd-f576-57ab46fabd6c~nstep_id=step-3 (pardon the long link, sent from my phone)

Tyler Blake
Jan 12, 2017
BCI Integrated Solutions

Has anyone tried this? I am curious to see if you actually get the full High def analog. The test only verifies 704x480 which defeats the application purpose of being able to retro HD analog and bring those in.

Ethan Ace
Jan 12, 2017

On that link I sent, it says 1920x1080 was tested and passed. 

Tyler Blake
Jan 12, 2017
BCI Integrated Solutions

It looks like the other two encoders are only listed for the lower resolution.

MM
Michael Miller
Jan 12, 2017

I have this encoder DS-6716HQHI-SATA and have tested it with Avigilon and it works at full 1080P.   I haven't tried with Exacq yet.

James Talmage
Jan 19, 2017
IPVMU Certified

From Exacq's notes:

This unit operates as 4 separate banks.
In order to use HD Analog all 4 banks must be connected to the same type of camera or else an "invalid" resolution type will show up.

That certainly sounds like all 16 cameras must be either HD or old school. I'm hoping they actually just meant "all 4 cameras within a given bank...", otherwise that seriously hinders this things utility.

I would like to market it as an upgrade path for some of our older analog installs. Ideally that would mean installing just this encoder along with a new Exacq NVR, and replacing old SD cameras, with analog HD ones as the existing failed, or moneys became available. Having to replace old cameras in banks of 4 would be much easier to accommodate than banks of 16.

Ethan Ace
Jan 19, 2017

Hey James we've got one on order to test. We've gotten enough questions on it that it was time to test and answer them. Will let you know the answer to that when it arrives. 

(1)
James Talmage
Jan 26, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Anxiously awaiting the answer to this one.

Ethan Ace
Jan 26, 2017

Me, too! It took a few days to ship but just arrived. I tried to connect it to Exacq, but no go. It won't connect to any VMS, nor will it show up in ONVIF DM. So I'll be in touch with Exacq and come back to it later.

U
Undisclosed #2
Jan 26, 2017
IPVMU Certified

It won't connect to any VMS, nor will it show up in ONVIF DM. So I'll be in touch with Exacq and come back to it later.

Sounds like a bad unit, no?

Ethan Ace
Jan 26, 2017

No. Or at least not necessarily. 

U
Undisclosed #5
Jan 26, 2017

I have 8 ch TVI DVR works fine with Avigilon

but no motion recording

Ethan Ace
Jan 26, 2017

Yeah, past DVRs have worked with Avigilon as well. That's why it's odd this encoder isn't working for me. I'm guessing it's a firmware issue, and will get back to it later.

MM
Michael Miller
Jan 26, 2017

There are a lot of different firmware options for these encoders.   I have the 16 channel version with motion and dual streaming working with ACC.

RB
Ryan Butler
Dec 13, 2017

Hey Michael,

Avigilon and HIK have no information on this can you share how you managed to make this happen? Any screen shots or advice would be very helpful.

Thank you 

U
Undisclosed #5
Jan 26, 2017

I got my unit about 3 weeks ago

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #6
Feb 02, 2017

Any update on this and if it is working after updating firmware? I have a couple projects I need to go one way or the other on with this.. I am very curious to know without being the guinea pig.

(1)
David Johnson
Jan 12, 2017

I've got 2 DS-6716HQHI-SATA working on Milestone @ 1080P all 16 channels.  Strange anomaly with frame rate that has non linear gaps in frames when looking at time stamp.  These connected as ONVIF as no Hik driver in Milestone  - yet.

Jon Dillabaugh
Jan 26, 2017
Pro Focus LLC

I have plans on using a Hikvision DS-7208HGHI-SH TVI DVR as an encoder with Spectrum in the next few weeks. Just got the green light today on the project. Replacing an old analog system installed by an alarm company. They want to retain some of the old analog cams for now. The DVRs are way cheaper than the encoders. I'm usnsure what features the DVR lacks vs the encoders?

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions