Subscriber Discussion

HDCVI With Radios?

KJ
Kenny Johnson
Sep 15, 2016

Hello, are going to put cameras into a high school.

We want to use HDCVI rather than IP.

The problem is that some of the buildings are not connected to the main building:
Ag shop, Gym, etc.

With an IP system we would use wireless radios to connect these buildings back to the main building.

Any idea how we can do this with HDCVI?

U
Undisclosed #1
Sep 15, 2016
IPVMU Certified
DW
David Westberry
Sep 15, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I am interested to see if anyone has any news on this. I personally am not aware of any out right now.

An alternative solution could be to use a smaller appliances(recorders) in the remote buildings and still use IP radios of choice to bring back their streams to your VMS/CMS at the head end.

Another alternative, if the camera count is low enough in the remote buildings, is to use IP for those as most CVI/TVI recorders are hybrid and will accept some IP channels along with CVI/TVI channels.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Sep 15, 2016
IPVMU Certified

MM
Michael Miller
Sep 15, 2016

Seams like a lot less headache to swap out the DVR to a hybrid unit and use IP cameras for the wireless links.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Sep 15, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Aren't pretty much all HD Analog DVRs IP hybrids anyway?

MM
Michael Miller
Sep 15, 2016

U1 I don't know are they?

U
Undisclosed #1
Sep 15, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Yes

MM
Michael Miller
Sep 15, 2016

U1 Well a quick google search and I found TVI-DVRs without IP camera support. So you might want to look into that more.

U
Undisclosed #1
Sep 15, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Well, no doubt you have, I'm sure there are some grey market/obsolete or OEM concoctions out there. I should have qualified my answer better.

As for authorized product from Hik and Dahua as shown on their respective North American websites, there are no HD DVRs without IP channels.

I think its wisest to buy thru authorized channels, don't you?

Ethan Ace
Sep 15, 2016

It's not really a close race as far as volume, but there are people other than Hikvision selling TVI. Speco and DW are two of them.

As far as CVI...not so much. It's Dahua and their OEMs, at least from what I find in NA. But FLIR has CVI DVRs without hybrid channels. I believe the Honeywell HQAs are CVI only as well.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Sep 15, 2016
IPVMU Certified

thx. I'll gladly amend from "pretty much all" to "most".

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Sep 16, 2016

Ethan,

DW does not sell TVI cameras, however the VMAX A1 series DVRs will support AHD, TVI, and analog.

Disclosure: I'm a DW rep.

U
Undisclosed #1
Sep 16, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Ethan, DW does not sell TVI cameras, however the VMAX A1 series DVRs will support AHD, TVI, and analog.

To be sure, Ethan was only referring to DVRs.

Do you have any IP/Analog hybrids in your DVR line?

Jon Dillabaugh
Sep 15, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

Why not just have a DVR in each building, all linked back via wireless links. You could simply use the CMS to view all of the feeds on one screen, or tie them back into a VMS server via ONVIF.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions