Subscriber Discussion

HDCVI DVR Error Message "Current Account Is In The Blacklist Now"

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Sep 24, 2014

Anyone had this issue? If so, how was it resolved?

JH
John Honovich
Sep 24, 2014
IPVM

What is the manufacturer / model of the DVR?

Can you share a screenshot?

When does the error appear? As soon as it boots up or?

GC
Greg Cortina
Sep 24, 2014
Go into network settings and look for address filtering or such. You can restrict who can connect on most of the newer DVR's. That would be a "black list". I haven't seen the message but I've seen where to exclude or filter addresses.
UI
Sep 24, 2014

Well I'm not seeing error message anymore and am now connected. There is no name on DVR. I bought it and 4 HDCVI cameras from Securexpress online to try out the HDCVI. It is now connected locally so I can view the cameras. I am no longer viewing the error message.

UI
Sep 24, 2014

So odd, the error message is back. error message

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Sep 24, 2014

Look in the menu's for something like this. It would help if we knew who made it. Not many around.

DVR Blacklist

UI
Sep 24, 2014

I found that in the menu, entered the IP address as trusted but still no good. Then I realized I had added malwarebytes Anti-exploit a few weeks ago and I'm going to see if that is why I get the blacklist error message. My bad for entering the wrong password a couple of times lol. I'll keep you posted.

btw, the dvr does not have a brand name on it. I got it directly from secuexpress just to check them out and to check out the product. So far I like the product...

GC
Greg Cortina
Sep 24, 2014

You shouldn't have to add anything into the list unless you are blacklisting something. By default the list should be blank on "whitelist" and "blacklist". At least that's what the models I am working with do. Sorry about the previous "undisclosed post" the mouse ran over my keys...LOL

UI
Sep 25, 2014

That's good to know. Btw, I am still receiving the error message. Shutting down malwarebytes apparently did not affect it.

(1)
GC
Greg Cortina
Sep 25, 2014
Well, I don't know what to tell you. I've been running a CVI device for a couple of weeks without these issues. Maybe a firmware update from the manufacturer is required. Good luck!
UI
Sep 26, 2014

Here is error message. I am using 10.1.10.15 and prior to that was using 10.1.10.14.

GC
Greg Cortina
Sep 26, 2014
Ok. You are using the web interface. see if they have a client or app and if it follows.
UI
Sep 26, 2014

Yeah I get same thing on my iphone. I'm using iDMSS app.

GC
Greg Cortina
Sep 26, 2014

Well, now you've run into the problem others have buying "black box" products. I have been using a similar product with no issues found and great images for the cost. It also has tech support available. Sorry I can't assist beyond this.

UI
Oct 19, 2014

Just an update on this. I was gone for two weeks at which time my computer was shut down. Upon my return the "blacklist" issue had disappeared. Not sure what caused it, or resolved it. I had shut my computer down a number of times in an attempt to resolve prior to my trip, so yup, this is pretty weird.

I did speak to the Dahua reps while at ASIS who were just as puzzled as I was. They even offered to help resolve the issue. Thankfully, it has mysteriously been resolved.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions