Subscriber Discussion

HDCVI 3.0 Whitepapers

U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 20, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Saw these two new whitepapers on HDCVI 3.0, one written by SourceSecurity's Larry Anderson, the other by Dahua.

Remarkably similar. Fully compatible.

LA
Larry Anderson
Aug 22, 2016

I definitely wrote the SoruceSecurity.com Technology Report about HDCVI 3.0 -- I have the cramped fingers to prove it! It was based on information provided by Dahua, but all the words were mine.

Surprised to see Dahua has "repurposed" it under their own brand (should I be flattered?). Of course it's not a big shock: We know that content is repurposed in all sorts of ways in the corporate world.

Technically, the copyright of this report/white paper belongs to SourceSecurity.com/Notting Hill Media, and when authorized companies repurpose the content, it should be attributed to us as the original author.

Perhaps we can think of it as the "branded" and "OEM'd" versions of the content...?

(1)
Brian Karas
Aug 22, 2016
IPVM

Larry -

Are you saying you were unaware that Dahua was publishing this as their own whitepaper?

U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 22, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I definitely wrote the SoruceSecurity.com Technology Report about HDCVI 3.0 ...all the words were mine.

I don't think you would have a hard time convincing anyone that they weren't Dahua's words.

On the other hand, it wasn't clear which one was derivative, since the "Dahua" branded one is less visually embellished and claims to be "Release 1.0", and is significantly different in structure (not in content) from the SS version.

Perhaps the "Release 1.0" is just boilerplate and nothing is really meant by it.

BTW, Dahua seems a bit looser than most when it comes to IP protection in general, and CVI attribution in particular, see The Real Inventor Of HD-CVI And HD-TVI?

(1)
LA
Larry Anderson
Aug 22, 2016

We discussed with them the possibility that they might repurpose the content, but the understanding was that it would be attributed to us as the source. There doesn’t appear to be an attribution in this case (an oversight?).

RH
Richard Hemzal
Sep 30, 2016

Did you put signal on osciloscope/spectral measurement to get some idea how changeed HDCVI 2.0 to 3.0 ? Did spectrum expanded, which means troubles can be expected for longer distances? Brian noted here only technical links which exists relevant to understand technologies. It is realy crazy that everybody talks about picture quality but none analysis what is real influence of transmition technology used in all HD analogs... even this should be NTSC improved scheme. Well if you know about some accessible sources please direct us there, I realy found nothing. It is more than year I measured spectrum HDCVI 2.0 and I realy supposed that there will be after that toons of studies around it... and still nothing ?!

U
Undisclosed #1
Sep 30, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I see nothing to suggest that Larry actually had any hd-cvi 3.0 gear in hand, let alone an o-scope.

As for hd-cvi 2.0 studies, are you familiar with this document?

RH
Richard Hemzal
Sep 30, 2016

Well, I hope Larry will react on it, cause my first feeling was also that Larry wrotes it simply according marketing materials. However it is not about Larry, I realy want to have some info from expert skilled transmittion technology who will ignore market buzz and provide some real data.

Regarding HDCVI 2.0 - yes, mentioned document is only documents which apears as real description of technology HDCVI technology (and to be honest also as only description also about AHD and HD-TVI), even parameters described in them are slightly different to real product. I realy appreciate if somone point us into some real study.

In fact we all have tools to decompose basics and even make detailed parts of signal decomposition, but what we do not have is time which toons of students on universities has and they can even learn something...Realy nobody made it as some thesis or seminar work? None real analysis about AHD, TVI, CVI? ... realy only marketing bulshit?

RH
Richard Hemzal
Oct 24, 2016
I can add more information regarding hd-cvi 3.0 because had gear in hands last week and put on o-scope... To make it simple: it is 1440p 25fps (2560x1440, 4Mpix, 16:9). No data compresion or any such technics. In compare with HD-CVI 2.0 it shifted horizotal frequency from 28,1kHz into 37,5kHz. "Colorburst" shifted from 37,8MHz into 68MHz. End of emitted spectrum shifted from 38MHz into 78MHz. I recommend to be passive components in structure ready for ~80MHz. This is for common coaxial equipment none problem. I have to note that I measure version for 50Hz part of world, I am quite sure that 60Hz world will have 30fps and frequency also will then be slightly shifted from my observations. There is none problem on long transmitions on able type RG59, we have immediately tested 300m segment and I am quite sure that promoted 500m can be exceeded at still acceptable quality without any additional active components. My feeling is that product is realy good and easy to improve analog HD instalations. Tested HCVR7104H-4M & HAC-HFW2401S.

NOTICE: This comment has been moved to its own discussion: Technical Information On HD-CVI 3.0

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions