Subscriber Discussion

Suggestions For Non-Chinese HD-SDI Vendor?

KM
Kevin Meechan
Mar 21, 2018

Hello,

I have a client that wants to swap out 18 analog cameras (13 fixed domes on siamese coax and 5 Bosch Autodome VG4 PTZ's on UTP and baluns). They do not want Hikvision or any Chinese brand. They want to replace the head end first and cameras later as the DVR's they are now using have issues (Open Eye and Bosch Divar). I want to use hybrid DVR that can accommodate analog HD. I do not want to use HD-CVI as apparently that is made only by Dahua. I would rather avoid the cost of hardware for IP/power over coax and stick with analog HD cameras.

1. Are there any reputable manufacturers of HD-TVI that are not Hikvision OEM?

2. Any thoughts on Clinton Electronics HD-SDI? they claim to have an EX-SDI digital version of this format that can travel longer cable lengths without signal degradation but I am not sure I should stick them with a format that apparently may not stick around. Are there any other reputable camera manufacturers that provide HD-SDI besides Clinton?

3. Anyone have any experience with trying to enable remote PTZ control in this scenario? the Clinton DVR's can handle Pelco-P or D, would I just need to change the protocol at the PTZ's or would this be more involved? These predate my experience.

thank you for any suggestions.

Ethan Ace
Mar 22, 2018

Kevin, good question.

1. There are other manufacturers of TVI equipment, but Hikvision is by far the largest. Speco has some non-Hik TVI product. DW has some, as well, but many of their cameras are "universal" (combo AHD/CVI/TVI) and they don't have any PTZs listed.

2. EX-SDI has had really limited acceptance compared to AHD/CVI/TVI, so you're going to be limited in product options. HD-SDI is still available from some, but mostly has been replaced by the other formats, as they're less expensive and support longer cable runs.

3. I'll leave the PTZ control question on specific DVRs to others. I've only tested a few models.

As for other options, Hanwha (AHD) and Digital Watchdog (AHD/TVI) might be options, as well. 

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Mar 22, 2018

Hanwha has AHD format 2Mp and 4Mp cameras.  The newest DVRs also support CVI/TVI/Analog.

They support coaxial PTZ control, and they have a full like of AHD models.

(Hanwha employees)

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Mar 22, 2018

The VG4’s will auto detect Pelco for control but they won’t work exactly like a Pelco or Bosch when operating beyond moving and zooming over RA485/422 in Pelco mode.

If the Divar is controlling over coax, it will only work with a Bosch recorder. 

Ex-SDI is sold by Clinton and Vitek.

UTP and Baluns aren’t as forgiving for distance and HD-CVI/TVI/AHD.

KM
Kevin Meechan
Mar 22, 2018

to clarify, if the VG4's are not wired with separate control cable but only up the coax (in this case UTP/baluns) the up the coax will NOT work with a new non Bosch DVR? It would have to be seperate RS-485?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Mar 22, 2018

The Bosch Biphase protocol, a type on Manchester over 422/485 is a 2 wire telemetry control protocol.   The VG4 supports auto-detection as I recall of Pelco Protocol. 

The Bosch Bilinx protocol is similar in concept to Coaxitron but entirely proprietary as an Up The Coax control.  it was built into several models of Divar. 

This wont be an issue if a separate control wire was run. 

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Mar 22, 2018

You need to contact Sennetech. Cool guy, he custom builds translation modules for every camera scenario and is in the USA.

Sennetech

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions