Subscriber Discussion

Have You Ever Used HD-TVI, And What Has Been Your Experience Comparing IP Vs HD-TVI

DM
David Matyas
Oct 13, 2014

Have you ever used HD-TVI, and what has been your experience comparing a 2mp IP camera to a 2MP HD-TVI one.

I have a minor project which currently has coax and it won't be worth it to rerun the wiring, so I'm thinking of trying the HD-TVI.

Any input?

Thanks

JH
John Honovich
Oct 13, 2014
IPVM

David, we are testing Hikvision HD-TVI this week and will have more to say shortly.

The other 2 related HD coax alternatives are HD-CVI and AHD which we have already tested.

(1)
JP
Jason Pfau
Oct 14, 2014
IPVMU Certified

Has anyone else used Hik-vision TVI that can provide feedback?

DM
David Matyas
Oct 14, 2014
I am setting up a test environment later today, and will be able to give more info soon.
SA
Syed Ali
Oct 17, 2014

Hey David I was curious how did the test turn out and what model were you using with what Dvr?

TR
Todd Rabin
Dec 09, 2014

I have installed EasternCCTV's TVI recorder ED7208TEL and TVI-IRD2M42VF-G/W-2812 cameras. The recorder uses h.264 compression. The recorder is 1080P and relativly simple to set up. The cameras come in 720P and 1080P, I found the 720 gives off some odd reflections and colors. The 1080P images are crisp and clean.

For under 500 dollars you get a 1tb 8 camera recorder and the cameras are under 100 dollars each.

This is a great alternative for replacing a standard camera and recorder systems as you reuse the existing coax cables.

TR
Todd Rabin
Dec 09, 2014

Regarding the images of the TVI 1080P vs IP cameras. I find the IP cameras are more versatile and give an overall softer image which I find more pleasing to the eye. The cost differences are huge TVI under 100 vs IP several hundred dollars.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions