Subscriber Discussion

Have I "Bricked" My Customer's Hikvision NVR?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jun 16, 2017

No good deed goes unpunished.....

Had a nosy, paranoid neighbor that insisted on getting cameras for her house because she didn't trust her next door neighbor.  Reluctantly, after quoting a premium price, I installed her an 8 camera system about a year  ago.  She called me today with 1 camera being out.  I remoted in and couldn't fix it so I went down there and a power cycle to the camera fixed it.  I noticed her firmware was out of date with a risky password, so I kindly offered to upgrade the firmware to the latest version.

Model is 7608NI-E1 .  I installed the firmware through the browser config from my laptop on their wifi.  Seemed to go ok, but then lost comm with the NVR.  Now NOTHING: no video from HDMI or VGA, not showing up on SADP, via network, or direct connect to the network port on the back or even a camera input port.

I'm at a loss.  Is there any kind of recovery usb drive?

Brian Karas
Jun 16, 2017
IPVM

Have you tried the tftp restore/upgrade method?

UI
Jun 16, 2017

Have not, Brian, was just reading on ipcamtalk about it.  Don't see a link for it in the HIK website tool section however

UI
Jun 16, 2017

Update: Thanks Brian, the tftp program worked.  It took about 5 trial and errors.  Had to turn off the windows firewall, NOT rename the digicap.dav file to digcap.dav even though the instructions said to. and then get some lucky timing on starting the tftp and the dvr almost simultaneously and they finally connected.

(2)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions