Subscriber Discussion

Have Hikvision And Dahua Missed A Trick?

Mick Brown
Jun 05, 2017

the market has shifted from traditional security kits to wifi and 360 vr solutions neither of which these two support fully

could leave them exposed on the volume entry market

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Jun 06, 2017

What makes you think that the market has "shifted" that direction?  What is your evidence?  How large is the customer base/sample size that this is based on?  

Mick Brown
Jun 06, 2017

walmart usa are in negotiations to place a 15 m usd order

logical progression in the west biggest not the equipment its labour cost

this is simple plug n play

pacific market in china all the booths have moved to 360 degree vr and wifi traditional analogue kits old news

no need to cable 

google nest product has traction 

look at their sales volumes

MM
Michael Miller
Jun 06, 2017

Do you have any links to 360 degree vr cameras that are not completely terrible in low light? 

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Jun 06, 2017

I would say that the vast majority of us, "in the industry," would consider Walmart more for the DIYers of the world.  In my (limited) experience, the only time security companies are buying from "Wally World" is for hot dogs/burgers on customer appreciation/vendor days.  Just my $0.02.  

(1)
Mick Brown
Jun 06, 2017

Surely that depends on market segment

but dahua biggest customer lorex

qsee etc sell through costco

Mick Brown
Jun 06, 2017

im talking about the market sector dahua and hikvision are primarily in

VD
Valery Dubovets
Jun 06, 2017

Yes, Walmart has some interest in the panoramic cameras and they are using them in new stores. However, these are not the low-end low-resolution cameras. In a way they are using these cameras even the 5MP 360 cameras are not really good enough and they like the 12MP panoramic cameras much more.

Mick Brown
Jun 06, 2017

I'm talking entry products 

like 1.3 mp at 20 usd

motion detection push video

3/5 mp 40/52 usd

plug n go 

i will get some images for you later

i

Mick Brown
Jun 06, 2017

these are suitable for peoples apartments

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions