Subscriber Discussion

Has Anyone Utilized ATV Gear?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jan 28, 2014

I have a specification that has flat specified an Advanced Technology Video (ATV) product. Has anyone had any experience with the ATV line, especially the ATV NVR's and ATV branded IP cameras? I have some reservations about supporting this product because so far my experience with the ATV NVR unit I am currently testing has been less than stellar.

UI
Jan 29, 2014

<insert cricket sound here>

Brian Rhodes
Jan 29, 2014
IPVMU Certified

I have not, but it's weird that it is a hard spec. They are a random relabel brand, and anyone with an ADI account can buy it.

UI
Jan 29, 2014

Yes, that is the main issue. I am having major heartburn considering that this system will be handling 600+ cameras in the district. I can't see how this ever came to be specified at all. I don't think anything that requires an NVR for every 16 IP cameras is a viable solution for over 16 cameras. Haven't we already been through this in the industry?

Robert Tabbara
Jan 30, 2014

They were big back in the days in DVRs through ADI, etc. All what they do now is rebrand products. I still see them at ISC west and wonder how they are still in busniess. Good luck!

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions