Subscriber Discussion

Has Anyone Tried Out The Wisenet Smartcam D1 SNH-V6435DN WiFi Doorbell?

Jon Dillabaugh
Apr 25, 2018
Pro Focus LLC

I am interested in finding the best bang for the buck residential doorbell product that is also ONVIF compliant. Just came across the Wisenet doorbell and was wondering if anyone else has any experience with it. Their promo videos make it seem like a polished product, but we all know that real world experiences can vary greatly.

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Apr 25, 2018

I don't think that model is ONVIF. I don't see it listed on the specs or manual. It is designed to be a "cloud" or app based cam.

(1)
Jon Dillabaugh
Apr 25, 2018
Pro Focus LLC

I agree. I guess that's why I am asking if anyone has one. Their documentation doesn't really say either way, however their FAQ states:

SmartCam D1 does not have a local storage option. You can save your video recordings only on SmartCloud.

But, that isn't really to say that we can't grab an RTSP feed or something from it. Their website is overly simplistic for residential clients.

EDIT: But I did find this on Amazon, so there is hope...

(1)
UE
Undisclosed End User #2
Apr 25, 2018

Jon,

The Dbell HD Live is ONVIF compliant. I have used it in the past. The camera does not handle varied lighting conditions very well though in my opinion.

(1)
Jon Dillabaugh
Apr 25, 2018
Pro Focus LLC

That unit has some pretty terrible reviews on Amazon. Yikes...

I prefer to stick to well developed brand name devices in these situations. I have found that straying too far from the norm invites problems. I would surely pay $100 more for a mature, stable device. I really like the features of the Wisenet D1, if it could only be supported by Spectrum/Wave/Nx Witness.

I guess I will buy a test unit and test it myself...

(1)
Kyle Folger
Apr 28, 2018
IPVMU Certified

The Dbell looks horrible. It would never be on my house.

UE
Undisclosed End User #2
Apr 25, 2018

Makes sense

Orlando Ayala
Apr 25, 2018

Doorbird and Claire Controls have worked well for us.

Edit: Claire Controls is a Hikvision OEM I believe. In case that matters for you.

(1)
DB
Dean B
Apr 29, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Will doorbird work with genetec? I am not familiar with doorbird. I am looking at their website now. Thanks

Ethan Ace
Apr 26, 2018

Getting a stream from SmartCam stuff is hit or miss. When we first tested it, it supported ONVIF and RTSP and even worked with the Samsung driver of some VMSes. But as of the SmartCam A1 we tested last year, we could not get a stream in any VMS. At any rate, it's not officially supported so you'll be on your own with it.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #3
Apr 27, 2018

Let us know how it works, been thinking about one for the house. Would be nice to pull into milestone.

Jon Dillabaugh
Apr 27, 2018
Pro Focus LLC

The Wisenet doorbell arrived today and I have it installed. I am able to pull an RTSP stream from the unit, with audio, but am unable to add it to Spectrum using ONVIF. I can only add the single stream for now.

I am unable to pull up a web page for the unit, even though Nmap shows TCP/80 and TCP/443 open. I simply receive a 404 error on page load. The other open ports are TCP/554 and TCP/49152.

I will continue to test it over the weekend and update with findings.

(4)
Jon Dillabaugh
Apr 28, 2018
Pro Focus LLC

Here is some more info that I have been finding. This camera has 6 RTSP streams that I could find;

Stream 1 (/profile1/media.smp): 1920x1080 @ 5FPS MJPEG

Stream 2 (/profile2/media.smp): 640x360 @ 1FPS MJPEG

Stream 3 (/profile3/media.smp): 640x480 @ 30FPS H.264

Stream 4 (/profile4/media.smp): 1024x768 @ 15FPS H.264

Stream 5 (/profile5/media.smp): 1920x1080 @ 30FPS H.264

Stream 6 (/profile6/media.smp): 1600x1200 @ 30FPS H.264

(1)
Ethan Ace
Jun 07, 2018

Curious, now that it's a month+ later, how have you found the doorbell? Still streaming or no?

Kyle Folger
Jun 07, 2018
IPVMU Certified

I bought mine a week or so after Jon bought his. I am running Spectrum as well. It is still streaming and running well. My family likes it as well with the alerts the app provides. It would be nice to have it more integrated with Spectrum as opposed to just using RTSP. Now I do have a few 12s drops in the timeline where it wasn’t recording. That could be wireless interference or a power issue. I haven’t had time to go further into the issue. My outdoor AP is on the second floor and the doorbell is right below. Uptime via UniFi is listed as 32 days. 

Jon Dillabaugh
Jun 07, 2018
Pro Focus LLC

I have the same random WiFi dropouts from time to time, but they are very short. The alerts are spot on, with the exception of it misidentifying my step-daughter as her mother, which if you saw them side by side, you would understand. 

(1)
Jon Dillabaugh
Apr 28, 2018
Pro Focus LLC

Yikes! I have a scary update. I have since added the SmartCam to my Alexa account, which was a PITA, only to ask Alexa to show me my front door (via Fire TV), and I get the following image on my TV...

There is one issue here... THAT'S NOT MY FRONT DOOR! I do not live in a high rise. I don't even live in the city???

EDIT: It is showing me the video feed of someone else's camera, but the audio is my feed. Very weird glitch.

(2)
U
Undisclosed #3
Apr 28, 2018

Issue with Amazon or Smartcam? Does the overlay even look like Smartcam?

Jon Dillabaugh
Apr 28, 2018
Pro Focus LLC

I don’t have a way to be sure, but I would assume it’s a glitch on Hanwha’s side  

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions