Subscriber Discussion

Has Anyone Installed The New Morphotrak "Finger On The Fly" Reader?

DO
David Owen
Jun 25, 2015

I have seen the MorphoTrak Finger on the Fly reader at several shows and have proposed but not sold one yet. I wanted to see if anyone has installed them and what the "in field" performace was like.

Brian Rhodes
Jun 25, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Here's a marketing video showing 'finger on the fly'. Makes biometrics look cool:

We've reached out to Morpho several times looking to publish an update on this and the 'MorphoWAVE' product.

Unfortunately, Morpho is unwilling/unable to answer basic questions about this gear. I'm not sure if they are just tight-lipped for OPSEC, if they just don't know, or are just disorganized.

In any case, they will not answer questions like what environmental limits there are on the reading area, how integration and user enrollment works (how many times should users enroll the same fingers?), and if bad reads are a problem and for which situations/ for who.

I will let them know that our readers have questions and forward your question to Morpho. Perhaps that will spur them to respond. I'll update here if/when they do.

U
Undisclosed #1
Jun 25, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Perhaps the time is right to give it the "Franken-finger on the fly test"?

John Bredehoft
Apr 13, 2016
Bredemarket / Incode Technologies

I cannot answer all of the questions that have been raised, but I can answer two of the questions.

1. Regarding resolution, the MorphoWave certification is for 500 ppi.

2. The MorphoWave Tower is intended for indoor use.

I will work with Rob Sprecher to get answers to your additional questions. In the meantime, the MorphoTrak page on MorphoWave can be found at

http://usa.morpho.com/biometric-terminals/commercial-access/touchless-terminals/morphowave-tower

Brian Rhodes
Apr 13, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Thanks for the help John & Rob. I look forward to getting these answered.

Brian Rhodes
Apr 13, 2016
IPVMU Certified

[UPDATE] Morpho has been in contact with IPVM on MorphoWAVE. We are planning to release a post on it next week.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions