Subscriber Discussion

Any Issues With Turret Cameras And Dirt, Debris Or Bugs?

SD
Shannon Davis
Aug 02, 2017
IPVMU Certified

This is just a general question for information from everyone and their experience with Turret style cameras and not a knock on any certain manufacturer either. We have started installing the turret style cameras but being from a service background I have concerns about the "Openness" of the camera. What I mean by this will dirt and bugs get into the openings between the camera and the turret mount possibly causing issues down the road such as if the camera needs to be re-positioned or a nesting place for bugs. I know this style of camera has been out for a while now so surely some of you have dealt with this in one form or another.

Vincent Tong
Aug 02, 2017

Cameras are usually sealed.  The bugs that are nesting in between are common.  It happens in bullets too since the area is a lot warmer and shielded if they get into the cracks.  I would say it is easier to clean the bugs nesting than to replace the scratched up dome if you were to go the traditional vandal dome route.

(1)
(2)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions