Subscriber Discussion

Hanwha Techwin Cameras Don't Play Nice With S2 Netvr - End User Feed Back

UE
Undisclosed End User #1
Jan 02, 2019

Hey all.  I'm an end user, who used to work for an integrator. We've got a system that is S2 NetVR back end and Hanwha cameras.  Man, they are strange. I have 2 identical XNV6011, literally next to each other, with the same firmware, and one of the cameras will lock up for a few days for no reason. 

There's another Hanwha PNV  4 head camera, that will have 2 of the 4 heads freeze up, again for no reason.  I have identical exterior cameras that will also randomly freeze up. We don't discover it until we have to go back and retrieve video, only to find that there isn't any.

I attempted to flash the firmware on one of the cameras and the NVR didn't even detect it.

We all know that S2 NetVR is just Exacq. In my experience, it's sort of a generation behind the current Exacq firmware. 

Given these strange issues, I'd be very reluctant to put in a Hanwha cameras with S2 NetVR. Perhaps if it was an older camera model that had more stable firmware it would behave better, but I'd be worried about putting in a 'new' camera model with fresh firmware.  

If anyone has any experience with this combo, I'd love to hear about it.  The cost of the Hanwha cameras is certainly awesome, but it's not worth it if I have locked up video when I need it

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Jan 02, 2019

I would recommend you get in touch with Support at 1-877-213-1222, or by chat/e-mail.  They can then log the information and look in to it to get it resolved.  I would recommend getting camera & NVR logs as well as wireshark captures.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Jan 07, 2019

You might want to take a look at your network/switch capacity and PoE budget, too, if using PoE power; some of the symptoms you describe can be caused by an unstable or inadequate network or power, regardless of brands.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions