Subscriber Discussion

How To Handle Camera / Server Maintenance

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jan 16, 2017

I'm curious, how do you guys handle maintenance on servers / cameras? Applying Windows updates, camera firmware updates, or other maintenance tasks. Also, what routine maintenance do you guys do on your clients? 

I'm considering outsourcing the maintenance to a Managed IT service provider, I'm not entirely sure if they will cover the camera firmware updates though. 

JH
John Honovich
Jan 16, 2017
IPVM

I'm considering outsourcing the maintenance to a Managed IT service provider, I'm not entirely sure if they will cover the camera firmware updates though.  

#1, if you are an integrator, I would think you would want to do this yourself. Otherwise what would be your value in servicing that end user's system?

On the general maintenance topic, see: Service / Maintenance Contracts Guide And Downloadable Sample Agreement

U
Undisclosed #2
Jan 16, 2017

There definitely needs to be a collaboration and road mapping with each customer as they are all going to have different needs and protocols within their facilities. One maintenance application or contract will not scale to all of your customers. Find out their needs and then design your compliance.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions