Subscriber Discussion

H.265 Patent Fee

U
Undisclosed #1
May 26, 2017

Recently i was asked about the situation of H.265 Patent fee.I just check on the internet and get the following information

Mainly there are two H.265 patent organization(If It is wrong,anyone pls feel free to correct me,thanks)

1.MPEG LA

100,000 Pcs free every year.Over it,Every Pcs need to be 0.2US dollor.

2.HEVC

25,000 US dollor fee every year,over it,every Pcs need to be 0.4/0.8US dollor(Depends different country)

I am not clear for the following question:

if only join one H.265 patent organization,if there would be any special limitation?(Details?).Thanks in advance if anyone can share some details about this.

Ps:I also found IPVM update the H.265 tutorial recently,but it seems no information about H.265 patent fee.And it is not ok to make the comment on the Tutorial.so i start this discussion.

H.265 / HEVC Codec Tutorial 2017

U
Undisclosed #2
May 26, 2017
IPVMU Certified
(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
May 26, 2017

Thanks for your feedback.Though i am still not very clear the following question.

if only join one H.265 patent organization,if there would be any special limitation?(Details?)

Like you mentioned if only join one,the other may sue(But with which reason to sue?Just want to know the detail patent difference of them on H.265)

As i also found,It seems a lot of factory only join MPEG LA,but do not join HEVC.

Any special H.265 patent would be not ok for them to use?

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions