Subscriber Discussion

Adding Cameras To The Camera Calculator

JN
James Newman
Jul 16, 2015

How do we get newer camera models added to the list of available cameras?

JH
John Honovich
Jul 16, 2015
IPVM

What specifically do you want to add?

JI
Jordi Ibero
Mar 05, 2016
Imago IP Solutions

We need the brand new H4A Avigilon models, and it's needed to correct Avigilon HD Pro cameras sensor size. Focal length not corresponding to real cameras. HD Pro are APS-C & Full Frame cameras.

JH
John Honovich
Mar 07, 2016
IPVM

Jordi,

The H4s will be added this week. We have the full model list and specs and are entering them in. I will update this post when done.

The HD Pro 6K and 7K sensor size has been updated to 35mm (was incorrectly at 1/3").

In terms of calculating HD 6K or 7K, (1) select 35mm from dropdown, then (2) select the 6K or 7K from camera list. Currently, we do not factor in the sensor size when selecting a camera without a built in lens. This is a known deficiency and is on our list of improvements. This week, we are finalizing the new site design and plan to roll out the sensor size factor next wek.

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Mar 09, 2016
IPVM

The Avigilon H4s are now added both to the Calculator and Camera Finder. Here is the list of 74 Avigilon H4s. Thanks for the request Jordi!

JP
John Palmer
Apr 08, 2016

Any chance of adding the Digital Watchdog Star-Light AHD Cameras?

JH
John Honovich
Apr 08, 2016
IPVM

John, ok I see the specs are available here. I've put them in queue to be added. I will update here when finished.

JH
John Honovich
Apr 10, 2016
IPVM

John Palmer, the DW Star-Light AHD cameras are now in the Calculator. Thanks for the request!

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions