Good Or Bad - Alarm.Com Changing Dealer Pricing?

JH
John Honovich
Feb 15, 2017
IPVM

A member has notified us that he received an email from Alarm.com that they are changing dealer pricing. The actual changes were not disclosed as evidently Alarm.com is setting up webinars with dealers to discuss.

So does anyone know what Alarm.com's changes are and if they are good or bad?

The member notes that with other dealer programs you "build a good account base with one set of rules only to have the rules changed," so he is concerned about Alarm.com's move and hoping others have intel.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Feb 15, 2017

I have not received any emails yet. Their pricing schemes are a bit odd though so it could mean a simplification of options, not necessarily a noticeable difference in price. 

Maybe consolidating options so there are only a few, instead of 20 

(2)
(1)
JH
John Honovich
Feb 15, 2017
IPVM

#1, thanks for the feedback. How are the ~20 roughly segmented now?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Feb 15, 2017

there are 7 different options for from basic signal forwarding, to basic automation, commercial automation. Then there is a full page of add ons such as video, doorbell video, weather to panel, garage door control, increased supervision periods, etc. 

There are actually 37 add on options. A few of them come with the packages above

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Feb 15, 2017

I believe they do this when you reach certain milestones. We had the conversation a couple of months ago and it improved profitability on new accounts going forward. They did change the rules, to our benefit.

The changes seemed to be aligned with how we showed we have been using alarm.com over the last couple of years, so I would imagine this is actually a simplification of options geared towards how certain dealers are using the options on existing accounts.

One thing they made clear, we were not getting a break on existing accounts, the changes only applied to new activations.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions