Subscriber Discussion

Goji Smart Lock - Wave Of The Future?

MC
Margarita Castillo
Aug 07, 2013

I'm impressed with this but also hesitant...

Goji Access

JH
John Honovich
Aug 07, 2013
IPVM

Brian, is this like Lockitron with a built in camera?

Brian Rhodes
Aug 08, 2013
IPVMU Certified

There is more to Goji than Lockitron, primarily:

• Hardware Replacement: Goji is an entirely new deadbolt, where Lockitron is a retrofit product that relies on existing deadbolts.
  • Keying System: Goji uses it's own mechanical key. I've asked if this is a commonly available blank profile or if it is unique to Goji.
  • LED interface: Goji gives feedback through the face of the lock, via a small screen. Lockitron does not do this.
  • "Goji Locksmith Network": Lockitron is strictly a DIY product, whereas Goji is also promoting channel sales through locksmiths.
  • Price: Goji is more expensive than Lockitron. Goji sells for ~$250, while Lockitron sells for ~$180.

Goji's camera add is cool, but detailed tech specs on it are sketchy. I have a hunch it isn't the best WDR and low light performer, so it could useful on some doors and worthless on others depending on the light situation.

Incidentally, neither product is shipping, and despite both having successful fundraising campaigns, there is no widespread distribution yet.

JH
John Honovich
Aug 08, 2013
IPVM

Thanks, good to know, btw, they raised $313,000 on indiegogo.

MC
Margarita Castillo
Aug 08, 2013

wow thats really interesting information. Thanks!

Jon Klieman
Aug 08, 2013

RAD

Hal Bennick
Aug 09, 2013
Trafficware, a CUBIC Company

I wonder if we could get the spokes-dude to say that the Goji Lock comes with "Fine Corintian Leather".

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions