Subscriber Discussion

Any Security Camera With Global Shutter?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Nov 22, 2016

Is there any security camera with global shutter technology? It would help for high speed scenarios.

MT
Matt Transue
Nov 22, 2016

The only one I know about was the old IQeye 510.

It was VGA resolution with global shutter.
It has long since been discontinued and I'm not sure if there are other, current models out there.

For your high speed application, you can add some good, bright, white light (if needed) and increase the min. shutter speed to what is necessary to reduce blur, etc.

You could still get some distortion from the rolling shutter, but blur should be reduced.

U
Undisclosed #2
Nov 22, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Do you mean any Security Camera with a CMOS imager and Global shutter?

If so, one is the Ampleye.

If you don't care about the imager technology, here are a couple hundred of them:

The majority of them may be discontinued, because they use CCDs. However, several are currently available LPR cameras, which still use CCDs for their built-in global shutter.

Can you give more information about the requirement for the camera?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Nov 23, 2016

The imager is not a problem. But the shutter speed and control yes. Ampleye has only one model.

About the camera finder, does not have that filter.

JH
John Honovich
Nov 23, 2016
IPVM

About the camera finder, does not have that filter.

Yes, because global shutter is a super rare feature in modern cameras (save for speciality things like LPR).

U
Undisclosed #2
Nov 23, 2016
IPVMU Certified

...global shutter is a super rare feature...

Just to be clear, all CCD cameras have global shutter. I agree that they are getting rarer all the time, on the other hand the camera finder lets you filter on imager.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions