Ginger Hill Fears Struggle With Monitors

JH
John Honovich
Apr 09, 2015
IPVM

Happy with cameras but worried about monitors:

"Camera manufacturers seem to be on top of their game when it comes to embracing these higher megapixels; however, the struggle is with the monitors....

Out of curiosity, I "googled" "highest megapixel monitor" and lo and behold, I found an 8MP monitor that is being used mostly in the medical field. But, with a price point of approximately $35,000 per monitor, I don't think the security industry as a whole is ready for that kind of investment."

The short answer is that very high resolution remains valuable with digital zooming for search / investigations (the most typical overall surveillance use case) and for real time digital zooming on objects / areas of interest.

Related: Do Not Use Cameras With Higher Resolution Than The Monitor Displaying Them, Do Monitors Waste Higher Resolution Surveillance Cameras? and Testing 4K Monitors for Surveillance

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Apr 09, 2015

(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Apr 09, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Out of curiosity, I "googled" "highest megapixel monitor" and lo and behold, I found an 8MP monitor that is being used mostly in the medical field. But, with a price point of approximately $35,000 per monitor, I don't think the security industry as a whole is ready for that kind of investment."

This one I own, all 8MP...

And there are cheaper ones.

Related: Rant: You Need To Google It.... Please

(2)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions