Subscriber Discussion

Getting A Security Job In The USA?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Apr 21, 2016

Dear Professionals,

I'm just wondering if there is any real chance to get a security job in the USA from the EU for a EU citizen with sponsored visa.

I see a lot of job offers for security professionals, but still if I have the software skills and certifications, I'm not quite sure if there is any chance for a successful application as probably there are enough engineers in the US, and we might lack some security clearances.

Thank you for your opinions.

Jon Dillabaugh
Apr 21, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

What is your definition of a "Security Job"?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Apr 21, 2016

I mean engineering job, something that needs higher qualifications and skills.

If I had work visa it would be easier to get a job but as far as I know its almost impossible to get sponsored visa through a company.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Apr 21, 2016

I used to employ an EU citizen who was in the US with work authorization. We did not have to sponsor an H1B visa. She was qualified for the job so the fact that she was an EU citizen and not a US citizen didn't matter.

I think the bigger obstacle you'll face is getting work authorization documents, H1B or otherwise.

U
Undisclosed #3
Apr 22, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I think the bigger obstacle you'll face is getting work authorization documents, H1B or otherwise.

No work authorization document is required if you have an H1B, and the person you hired was likely already in the country on a visa they obtained themselves.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions