Get Cameras, Pay Nothing For 6 Months?

JH
John Honovich
May 05, 2015
IPVM

Got a newsletter today with a different promotion, see below:

It is based on a PayPal program.

Interest rates are essentially nil so this makes it easier.

JG
James Gowan
May 05, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Might be an option for a small business with a need but without available money (lump sum) to get the best possible system options.

Sean Nelson
May 05, 2015
Nelly's Security

We looked into this a few months ago to offer our customers as an option and the funds they give you are pretty small amounts. Back then it was called "bill me later". maybe a few hundred bucks at the most they were willing to lend. They may have changed it now who knows. Maybe I will look into it again.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
May 05, 2015

Assuming this is open to end users and not just dealers / integrators, my guess is that you won't find the more trusted tier 1 camera brands because it's the best way for any manufacturer to lose the support of their dealers.

JH
John Honovich
May 05, 2015
IPVM

A, I think the PayPal program is independent of any camera manufacturer. To PayPal, it's all just widgets and any widget seller or reseller (like the integrator above) can participate.

Now why would manufacturers lose the support of their dealers because of this?

UM
May 06, 2015

I agree that its likely an online shop selling them, but for the most part, I see manufacturers becoming more diligent about restricting sales to online resellers because their traditional integrators refuse to sell their stuff if they have to compete with these types of companies. I've seen it many times. The bigger the manufacturer is, the more I see them making these efforts. Granted, Axis seems to get away with it regardless, but it's definitely something that traditional dealers despise and they'll typically try not to sell any product that is easily found online eroding their ability to make margin.

JH
John Honovich
May 06, 2015
IPVM

"I agree that its likely an online shop selling them"

This is an Oklahoma City local integrator.

UM
May 06, 2015

I'd think that the 6 mos / zero interest credit card option from ADI would prove more popular, though I've also heard that it requires a personal guarantee from the business owner, so even that isn't getting as much play as they'd hoped.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions