Subscriber Discussion

Geovision Issue - Switches With Speed Domes

keith maxwell
Mar 25, 2017
Northeast Remote Surveillance and alarm, LLC

Just a heads up new geovision managed switches do not work with geovsion sd-220 or sd-200 speed domes. No response from my local rep. Spoke with 2 different people in tech support no fix. I was basically told to do what I need to do to make it work.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Mar 25, 2017

What type of issue are you seeing?  It looks like these are non-POE units so I am assuming there are some other symptoms.

keith maxwell
Mar 26, 2017

They are infact POE switches. The switches will not power the SD devices. I had to install 19 watt POE injectors to get the switches to work with the SD cameras. I have not tried another switch yet. My next step will be returning the Geovision and going to Cisco POE++.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Mar 27, 2017

Odd, the cameras do not list POE on their spec sheet.

U
Undisclosed
Jun 16, 2017

"sorry, this Category have no result now." (sic) when I search geovision.com.tw for SD-220 or SD-200.     If you believe https://www.cctvcamerapros.com/Geovision-Megapixel-IP-PTZ-Camera-p/gv-sd200.htm it's PoE and it's end-of-life (and I'm responding in June 2017 to a post 3 months old so that implies you bought EOL cameras back in March 2017.)

If you were having a PoE issue it could be your switch was AF (low PoE power) and your cameras are At (high(er) PoE Power)  Other sources on the web seem to indicate the SD200 was a 20 watt device and 802.3AF power is 15 watts max so that could have been your problem.

One would like to suggest you check the error logs in the switch to see if there's any indication of PoE issues.  But given your experience and Their Wonderful Spelling I'm inclined to stay away from their flavor of Chinese knock-off full price switches.

keith maxwell
Jun 16, 2017

Geovision Reached their end of life with my company that's all need to know. It was a direct replacement switch that burned up after 3 years! The new Netgear worked just like the old Geovision switch it replaced. There is a patch for everything now. The software is very very very very unstable. I have another NVR now rebooting every 10 minutes for no apparent reason. 4 Weeks ago I had to patch a new Geovison PTZ because it was requiring a 3rd party license. I don't have time to play games to make things work. They should be glad to know no one really cares about their product.  It is 1000x worse than Hikvision could ever be. The NY rep doesn't return phone calls. It also takes forever to get parts or equipment because there is no warehouse on the east coast. If you have any decent clients on their product you better keep inventory.  If you want to keep this going I can fill pages of why I will no longer support them.

Please note after I called and complained the SD-220 POE PTZ wasn't working the specification sheet had a miracle update and the POE data disappeared. Funny enough the New Dahua/Geovision Speed Dome with Built-in IR works on POE. 

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions