Subscriber Discussion

Genetec Server Setup For Internet-Facing Video Server

Jonathan Lawry
Apr 13, 2017
Trecerdo, LLC

Does anyone know how to configure a Genetec server (version 5.4), that is internet-facing, such that one can bring up video from the server from outside of that server's local network?  I have redirected ports 5500 (Genetec) and 554 (RTSP) to my server, set up the "proxy" setting (so client apps won't try to stream directly from the cameras using the local network camera addresses).  Nothing works.

I can enumerate cameras on the server just fine, and a wireshark shows all RTSP requests are going to the server itself instead of the cameras, but all of them register a failure.  Has anyone set this up?  Is there an obvious setting?  I can't get any help from Genetec itself.

JP
Jimmy Palatsoukas
Apr 21, 2017

Hi Jonathan,

Feel free to email me at jpalatsoukas@genetec.com and I can put you in contact with your local SE or RSM to get the help you require. 

Cheers

Jimmy Palatsoukas

Product Marketing @ Genetec

Jonathan Lawry
Apr 22, 2017
Trecerdo, LLC

Jimmy,

Thanks so much for helping put me in touch to the proper people at Genetec.  This and other issues I had are now solved. 😁

SR
Samuel Rodgers
Apr 21, 2017

if it's getting the correct RTSP stream correct, sounds like a port issue. are the directory/archiver/redirector/media router all on the same server? I think you need 560 for the redirector and maybe 555 for archiver - there is a network diagram showing all ports in the docs i believe. Also would be good to force everything to TCP in network view to test out and make sure that's setup correctly/client network settings (in genetec options).

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions