Subscriber Discussion

Genetec Mission Control Questions / Experiences

U
Undisclosed
Jun 05, 2017

Does anyone have any experience using Genetec's Mission Control add-on module? It's being touted as a Decision Support System add-on to the Genetec Security Center. It has some features that may help system administrators manage larger systems. I'd love to see this tested by IPVM.

Ethan Ace
Jun 05, 2017

We actually have tested it, but haven't released it yet. It's coming in the next week or two.

In the meantime, what sorts of questions do you have about it?

U
Undisclosed
Jun 05, 2017

I'd like to hear about the automation of SOPs - specifically can you require a guard to fill out information on a step prior to moving on to the next step. Mission Control includes additional AND/OR functionality above and beyond what can be accomplished in the base software. What type of additional door control and advanced I/O interaction can be achieved through this? Unless I'm reading their brochure incorrectly, Mission Control has the ability to send notification of device outages after a set number of failures in a day - I'd like to see this tested. Does the application also have the ability to show metrics of what devices are failing at the highest rate?

(2)
Ethan Ace
Jun 06, 2017

Genetec actually sent us answers to your questions, below. Answers are theirs, not mine.

1- can you require a guard to fill out information on a step prior to moving on to the next step?

Yes. You can configure comments to be mandatory to completing a step of the SOP. A popup window will be displayed for the operator to enter a comment; this comment will be logged as part of the incident historical data. You can also configure the complete SOP in such a way that a step is only available once the previous step is complete (steps need to be processed in sequence). Steps are greyed out until they can be processed.

2- Mission Control includes additional AND/OR functionality above and beyond what can be accomplished in the base software. What type of additional door control and advanced I/O interaction can be achieved through this?

The workflow configuration has access to the Security Center functionalities. The following actions can be used as part of the automated workflow configuration:
1. Aggregate events
2. Arm zones
3. Change incident states
4. Change incident descriptions
5. Change incident types
6. Change priorities
7. Change display colors
8. Close incidents
9. Export incidents
10. Add reminders
11. Wait
12. Disarm zones
13. Dispatch to
14. Display entities
15. Play sounds
16. PTZ commands
17. Reset area people count
18. Send an email
19. Trigger alarms
20. Trigger incidents
21. Unlock door explicitly
22. Update active causes count
23. Update descriptions
24. Wait for events
25. Wait for incident states
26. Run a macro
27. Custom activities: build your own activities leveraging the SDK to interact with Security Center and/or external systems

3- Mission Control has the ability to send notification of device outages after a set number of failures in a day - I'd like to see this tested. Does the application also have the ability to show metrics of what devices are failing at the highest rate?

This could be read as if the user would configure an incident to be triggered by a device outage. The trigger can be configured in such a way that the sequence, the number of occurrence and the period will need to be met (3 failures for the same device within a period of 24 hours). When the incident is triggered, the workflow containing the generation of a notification is automatically initiated.

The graphical representation of metrics associated with specific incident types are in the roadmap for 2018.

BT
Brian Tally
Jun 06, 2017

[Note: this requires access / logging in to Genetec's portal]

I don't yet have the experience with Mission Control, but on Genetec's GTAP portal there are some good videos that may help with your questions.
https://tip.genetec.com/search-results?filters=&catids=All_videos&conditionalids=&tab=&term=mission%20control&sortby=

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions