Subscriber Discussion

What Solution Manufacturers Sell To Authorized Integrators Only?

Brian Karas
Mar 22, 2016
IPVM

I want to make a list of which manufacturers are only available to authorized/certified integrators (eg: Avigilon), and which are generally available.

Manufacturers, feel free to comment which category you fit in.

At a minimum I would consider a "full-line" manufacturer one with their own VMS, Cameras, Encoders, and access control or access control integration. They may offer other things (analytics, thermal cameras, etc.) as well.

List of Manufacturers/Availability:

Avigilon: Limited

IndigoVision: Limited

FLIR DVTEL Latitude: Limited

Panasonic VideoInsight: Limited

3xLogic: Limited

Dallmeir: Limited

Verint: Limited

VC
Vlad Craciunescu
Mar 22, 2016

I don't know about the access part but I always thought Indigo Vision is "dealer only"

Brian Karas
Mar 22, 2016
IPVM

Thanks. I edited my original post where I'll keep the running tally.

Luis Carmona
Mar 23, 2016
Geutebruck USA • IPVMU Certified

Geutebruck VMS

Brian Karas
Mar 23, 2016
IPVM

Are they limited channel or generally available?

Luis Carmona
Mar 23, 2016
Geutebruck USA • IPVMU Certified

Authorized integrators only.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Mar 23, 2016

S2 (even though Nortek/Emerge, which is an OEM of S2, I think is available in distribution)

Maxxess Systems

Joel Kriener
Mar 23, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Excellent topic Brian..... ! Looking forward to seeing what comes out of this discussion.

JH
John Honovich
Mar 23, 2016
IPVM

Btw, if you are a manufacturer who fits this criteria, excellent time to comment.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Mar 23, 2016

Not real clear on the category definition, but maybe : AMAG, Genetec, and DMP

(1)
UD
Undisclosed Distributor #3
Mar 23, 2016

The security marketplace is unique to say the least. If you looked at other markets like enterprise switching/routing, Wireless, UC products, etc... it would be hard to make a list of vendors that don't only sell to authorized partners for their full offering.

VC
Vlad Craciunescu
Mar 23, 2016

It is a bit special but not that much: what Brian asked about ( at least in my understanding ) is about special/niche players who chose to deal with one dealer in each territory instead of a general distributorship and a big number of players competing each other ( though Avigilon is neither special nor niche/small).

I am sure in IT there are also players like these which aren't readily available through distribution though maybe they all got purchased by the big boys ?

By the way, FLIR might become one of these soon, or so it seems ?

JH
John Honovich
Mar 23, 2016
IPVM

"what Brian asked about ( at least in my understanding ) is about special/niche players who chose to deal with one dealer in each territory"

No, that is not it. If we were asking about special/niche players, why would the example given by Avigilon?

And Brian specifically defined it as "a "full-line" manufacturer one with their own VMS, Cameras, Encoders, and access control or access control integration."

(1)
VC
Vlad Craciunescu
Mar 23, 2016

Ok, maybe i didn't put it in the right words.

Still, the difference we talk about is the number of partners that producer keeps in a market , right ?

Avigilon, IndigoVision and others from above chose to have a few ( one or two and usually integrators ) and very dedicated as opposed to others who have 5-6 distributors and hundreds of installers ( i am now thinking locally but you get it ).

Otherwise everybody just sells to only authorized partners more or less, just like in IT as UD4 said.

JH
John Honovich
Mar 23, 2016
IPVM

"Avigilon, IndigoVision and others from above chose to have a few ( one or two"

That's simply false. Avigilon has numerous (5, 10, maybe more integrators per region).

"Otherwise everybody just sells to only authorized partners more or less"

Anyone can buy Axis, Bosch, Panasonic, Sony, Pelco, Samsung, Hikvision, ACTi, Vivotek, etc., etc. products from numerous locations online.

U
Undisclosed #4
Mar 23, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Dallameir, I believe, not because I sell them, only because of trying to buy them gray.

I would put them at a HL7 (Heisman Level) of push back, similar to Avigilon.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #5
Mar 24, 2016

Access Control:

UTC Lenel, DSX, Honeywell ProWatch, Tyco Software House, AMAG, Advantor, NAPCO Continental, Sielox, Genetec

VMS:

Genetec, ONSSI, FLIR DVTEL Latitude, IndigoVision, Verint, NICE, Salient, VideoInsight

More for sure....just my thoughts.

JH
John Honovich
Mar 24, 2016
IPVM

What's interesting is that, on the video side, how many are really end to end solution providers (meaning at least cameras and VMS)? AVO, IV, DVTel (depending on how FLIR changes them), not many, right?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #5
Mar 24, 2016

Verint:http://www.video-insight.com/support/supported-cameras.php

http://www.verint.com/solutions/security-intelligence-home/video-situation-intelligence/products/ip-cameras/

VideoInsight/Panasonic ???

KC
Ken Costello
Mar 28, 2016

Galaxy Control Systems.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions