Subscriber Discussion

Fluid Mesh Alternatives

MR
Mike Ridgley
Apr 28, 2014

Need some recommendations on an alternative to the Fluid VOLO units. I really love working with Fluid equipment but I think the mesh price might be holding one of my projects up.

Here are my bandwidth needs. This would be a point to point / point to multipoint solution.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Apr 29, 2014

Whose been the name most often mentioned for awhile? Ubiquiti is a pretty good dollar value for what you get. But depends not only on bandwidth but sessions, too. We had some problems once bceause I think it was too many streams going over one connection. Based on that experiance I don't try to push more than 4 or 5 camera streams over a link, aggregate, depsite what total bandwidth might be.

Hautespot may be an alternative worth looking at, though I never used them before.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Apr 29, 2014

Try Korenix Jetwave wireless APs or radios

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Apr 29, 2014

PTP radio, we have been using since they were released with great success...

Proxim Wireless - Page not Found

There are also PTMP radios, without more information I can't recommend which antennas to use but here are the radios.

Point-to-Multipoint Wireless Network, Wireless Broadband Solutions – Proxim Wireless

Curious,

Did you try asking FluidMesh for better pricing?

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions