Subscriber Discussion

FLIR Thermal FC-344 ID Country Of Origin

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Feb 22, 2018

For exporting tariff reasons I need to know the Country of Origin of the FLIR FC Series IF, specifically FC-344 ID.

(1)
Rob Kilpatrick
Feb 23, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

We reached out to FLIR to see if they can provide an answer for you, I will let you know if they provide a response.

(1)
UM
Feb 23, 2018

Thanks Rob, No one else seems anxious to supply the answer. IPVM is my last resort.

(1)
Marty Major
Feb 23, 2018
Teledyne FLIR

The datasheet for the FLIR FC Series camera has this notation at the bottom right of the document (RED)

i.e. since FLIR maintains export control outside of the US, then it would stand to reason that the camera was manufactured in the US - and most probably at the Santa Barbara manufacturing facility (BLUE).

Disclaimer:  Although I am a FLIR employee, I am not knowledgeable regarding current export controls as it is not part of my specific job duties.  I just decided to see if I could find this information myself and this was what I found.

Have you called FLIR directly with your question?

try here:  product.thermal.support@flir.com | 800-254-0632

(2)
(1)
UM
Feb 24, 2018

Marty,

Thank you for your response.

According to the NAFTA rules, as I understand them, an item can be manufactured in the US but not have a US Certificate of Origin. This would occur if more than 50% of the assembled parts by cost are from outside the USA. So it depends upon the value of parts actually being produced by FLIR or a US supplier to FLIR.

I have contacted Support who provided me the USA manufacturing information but when pressed referred me to Sales. So far no response.

What I probably need is someone in Product Management or even someone involved with shipping to Canada who would be more knowledgeable with the regulations.

Thank you for your response. If you can provide me with an inside contact with detailed knowledge I would appreciate it and contact you privately for that information.

Best regards,

Frank

Marty Major
Feb 24, 2018
Teledyne FLIR

Thanks for that info Frank... and I'm sorry if my response seemed a bit defensive.  I reacted to the 'last resort' comment and I apologize.  :)  I love my support team.

My email is marty.major@flir.com - please send me an email and I can forward it immediately to about 10 people....

I may not know who can answer your question, but at least one of the ten I forward it to will know..  : )

UM
Feb 26, 2018

Marty, thanks for the response. I will be in contact. I have dealt with FLIR support several times and I have no issues. Even with my difficult question they have handled themselves well.

UD
Undisclosed Distributor #2
Feb 24, 2018

Probably you can use the FB-O bullets. They are manufactured in Europe so you don’t need all those papers

Dwight Dumpert
Feb 27, 2018

Frank - I am the Product Manager responsible for FLIR's thermal security portfolio.  Country of Origin questions may seem simple, but seldom are.  I think it is best if we communicate directly so that I can connect you to the best FLIR resources.  Please contact me at dwight.dumpert@flir.com.  

(1)
Marty Major
Feb 27, 2018
Teledyne FLIR

Thanks for jumping on this Dwight!

You are in good hands, Frank...   : )

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Mar 20, 2018

Frank,

Did you get an answer to this?

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions