Subscriber Discussion

Nighttime Restarting Of Samsung Analog Camera

UD
Undisclosed Distributor #1
Sep 12, 2016

I have a samsung SCO 2082 analog camera, This camera restarts repeatedly during night time (from 7 PM) but does not flicker during daytime. what could be the reason?

[IPVM Mod Edit: embed video]

Here it is:

UD
Sep 12, 2016

its not flickering . it re-initializes itself.

Brian Rhodes
Sep 12, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Do you mean it powers off then powers on again?

How is this camera powered?

UD
Sep 12, 2016

it powers off and power on again .

The power is provided by 12 V power supply

Ari Erenthal
Sep 12, 2016
Chesapeake & Midlantic

do you get a video loss signal when it happens?

Ari Erenthal
Sep 12, 2016
Chesapeake & Midlantic

Describe what happens exactly. It completely powers off and you can a video loss? The screen goes black, or blue, or some other color? When does this happen? How often does it happen? How many times does it happen? What else happens?

UD
Sep 12, 2016

i want to upload the video of the camera to show how it is behaving. Can anyone tell me how to upload the video

Brian Rhodes
Sep 12, 2016
IPVMU Certified

If you can email it to me: brian@IPVM.COM, I'll upload it and embed it using our host.

Brian Rhodes
Sep 12, 2016
IPVMU Certified

User emailed video, embedded above and here:

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Sep 13, 2016

Here is my thought.

Check the power supply. Camera is an outdoor bullet camera. At night, it may be getting cold so the heater tries to kick in, power supply dips due you draw and camera reboots due you insufficient supply. After it reboots, the heater tries to turn on again and cycle continues.

Try a different power supply for that camera.

(2)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Sep 13, 2016

It's probably either the heater or the IR LEDs kicking in which require more power. Check and make sure you have the right voltage and the correct amount of amps at night at the camera end when this happens.

(1)
UD
Sep 19, 2016

Hi

I changed the power supply . but still the same problem .night time the camera is restarting .

MM
Michael Miller
Sep 20, 2016

Did you change the power supply with the same model?

Ari Erenthal
Sep 20, 2016
Chesapeake & Midlantic

What amperage is the new power supply? Is it the same or a higher amp power supply?

(1)
UD
Sep 20, 2016

same amp .

Ari Erenthal
Sep 20, 2016
Chesapeake & Midlantic

Use a higher amperage power supply, see what happens. If the issue is the IR illuminator causing the camera to reboot because that illuminator is sucking up too much power, giving it more power should fix things right up. Of course, that might not be the issue, but you won't know until you test.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Sep 20, 2016

Send the camera in for warranty repair...?

dw
dean woodyatt
Sep 20, 2016

probably voltage drop.

is that camera on its own power supply?, is the supply shared with other cameras?

is it a new camera?

if it worked before for some time and stopped working, probably cables are oxidised slightly, check your connections. it may be that the camera has always been 'on the edge' of working, and something's changed to tip it over the edge and not work when it needs more current due to the IR LED's kicking in

try the camera with its own local power supply and see if the same thing happens,

no point in testing a new supply over old cable - testing teh camera locally over a short run of cable will eliminate cable faults

Dean

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions