Subscriber Discussion

Flicker From Fluorescent Lights

GF
Gerald Fowler
Jul 04, 2016

I have cat 5 runs in conduit and 2 cams have flicker and 2 don't .Has anyone run into issue where florescent lights themselves have bad tubes and need replacing.I don't think it's an issue with being to close to a 110v source .

Jon Dillabaugh
Jul 04, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

What type of cameras? Analog or IP? What video standard, NTSC or PAL? What frame rate are you recording? Is the flicker seen in both live and recorded video? Is the lighting similar in all areas? Are there any other light sources near the two offending cameras?

GF
Gerald Fowler
Jul 05, 2016

IP cameras Jon.They are dahua 2320r-z the frame rate is 20.The type is ntsc and similar lights.I never checked recorded video.

U
Undisclosed #1
Jul 05, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Do you have this screen available and is anti flicker set to 60hz?

Is there enough light to set the shutter speed faster than 1/60 sec?

There are drop in led replacement tubes for t8 and t12 flourescents...

(1)
(1)
Jon Dillabaugh
Jul 05, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

Have you tried swapping a non problematic camera for one with the issue to see if it is an environmental issue or a camera defect/setting?

That will tell you a lot really quickly. But if the issue follows the camera, the best thing to do is default everything. With the Dahua cameras, you can do this through the webpage under the System tab.

U
Undisclosed #1
Jul 05, 2016
IPVMU Certified

...the best thing to do is default everything. With the Dahua cameras, you can do this through the webpage under the System tab.

Even quicker way to change settings; just pull the MJPEG / RTSP stream ;).

jk

GF
Gerald Fowler
Jul 06, 2016

Update.....I switched to 60hz mode in option on anti-flicker and for most cameras problem totally went away.Cant believe i overlooked that setting several times.There are 2 left with a small amount of flicker.I will try the shutter adjust as the lights in building are always on so light level is good.A funny thing happened though i had to set the 60hz mode several times it reverted back to outdoor setting on anti-flicker.I think i may change the default pass to something else because nvr controls some options by itself.One irritating thing is if you have more than 16 cameras on system and it will automatic add ips to cameras as you add them on the on board poe switch but when you add a switch for more cameras the ips can get mixed up if you leave pass at admin/admin.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions