Subscriber Discussion

Flare Buddyguard Yet Another All-In-One Home Surveillance Startup

SM
Steve Mitchell
Jun 10, 2015

Similar to Canary, BuddyGuard includes the kitchen sink: 1080p camera, motion, tamper and temperature sensors, microphone, speaker and siren. Pluse 3G cellular for backup internet access. This reports to provide some interesting analytics features:

According to BuddyGuard, Flare can tell the difference between you and an intruder and will automatically turn its camera and microphone off if it recognizes your face -- and back again on if it sees someone that its database doesn't recognize. It's also supposed to respond to voice commands, so you should be able to tell it that you'll be away on vacation for a week and it will know to stay active the whole time.

CNET - Meet Flare, a fresh DIY home security contender

JH
John Honovich
Jun 10, 2015
IPVM

"Flare can tell the difference between you and an intruder and will automatically turn its camera and microphone off if it recognizes your face -- and back again on if it sees someone that its database doesn't recognize."

Company with similar offering: Chui Startup: Face Recognition Intercom.

There's so much funding washing around for these startups that I understand why they are doing this but it's a tough task they have set for themelves.

(2)
U
Undisclosed #1
Jun 10, 2015

I think that most of these are going to amount to being "None in One" systems.

U
Undisclosed #2
Jun 10, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Flare BuddyGuard? Is a fire extinguisher too? If so, I'm in!

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions