Subscriber Discussion

First System Over 16 Cameras - NVR / VMS Recommendations

Michael Sahli
Mar 21, 2018

I've been using Hikvision, LTS, and Luma for smaller jobs (up to 16) and have a large 32+ system I'm designing.  All IP cameras and looking for suggestions/experience with an NVR or VMS System that can handle up to 64 reliably.   

U
Undisclosed #1
Mar 21, 2018

Why not just use a Hikvision 64 Channel system? You are already familiar with how to set them up, most likely have a good relationship with your distributor and if anything goes wrong down the track you will be able to fix it more easily because you have a better knowledge of the system. You can also easily train your customers how to use it because it is virtually identical to using a 16 channel machine.

From my experience Hikvision 64 Channel is reliable. 

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Apr 14, 2018

Agreed, Its identical to the 32 channel version. Familiarity is nice, and you dont want to learn something new on your largest project. 

Edit: Just realized you haven't done anything over 16. The 16 channel is far simpler being plug-n-play. 32 channel and up require more networking experience because the cameras don't just "show up" like you are used to. You have to activate and program them all to the system, and if you are not familiar with this process it can be very confusing. 

The interface is identical though

JG
Jeff Gack
Mar 21, 2018
IPVMU Certified

You can also just stack 16 channel Hikvision NVRs and give each one different port numbers.

Then your client can access all the NVRs through the NVMS 7000 client software and you can make a custom screen to bring up all the cams at once if you want.

MM
Michael Miller
Mar 21, 2018

Hanwha WAVE works really well and is easy to use.  Great for smaller projects like this where the customers needs a better interface then NVR.

(2)
Dave Arnould
Mar 21, 2018

Whats the cost for Hanwha WAVE?

MM
Michael Miller
Mar 21, 2018

I would recommend you reach out to your rep or distributor for pricing. 

(1)
RD
Roman Dabrowski
Apr 13, 2018

Ganz Cortrol has options for 24/48/96 and above. They offer a 16 channel for free so you can test drive it and have 90 day demo licence for the larger versions. Ganz Security

RD
Roman Dabrowski
Apr 18, 2018

And BTW, I am a Ganz mfg sales rep in Canada.

(1)
Dmitriy Loginov
Apr 16, 2018
Eocortex

You can try Eocortex. It is reliable and very user-friendly, so you don't need to spend much time to get used to it. You can build any-size system and scale it in the future.

Moreover, if you are currently using different VMS, we have trade-in policies.

Can you please specify, which country are you planning to instal the system in?

Fredrik Ahlsen
Apr 16, 2018

NX Witness, because its so user friendly + you only pay one time for the licenses and get free updates forever. (Hanwa Wave is a OEM of NX)

NX-Witness

(1)
Jon Dillabaugh
Apr 16, 2018
Pro Focus LLC

As Michael and Fredrik have said, Nx Witness based VMSs are what we use. Here in the USA, that is Digital Watchdog Spectrum or Hanwha Wave. Spectrum has been around for years now, so it has been the one we have installed for some time now. If you are considering using Hanwha cameras, you will get features in Wave that are not found in other flavors of Nx Witness. However, if you are using Hikvision cameras, you won't gain any features, and could possibly pay more per license. In my experience, Wave-Pro licenses cost about $30 more than a Spectrum IP license through my distributor.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions