Subscriber Discussion

Fire: Kidde Versus Honeywell

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Oct 25, 2018

Pros and cons of each? If you had to start all over, which one would you use?

Why?

How does pricing compare?

Campbell Chang
Oct 26, 2018

I've never used Kidde, but the BC200 Honeywell panels are super simple to setup and use and install.

Ethan Ace
Oct 26, 2018

What sort of systems/devices are you talking about? I'm assuming you mean panels, but not clear.

Also, Honeywell's Fire brands include Fire-Lite, Gamewell-FCI, Gent, Silent Knight, Notifier, and probably 5 others I'm forgetting. Which are options for you?

UI
Oct 26, 2018

Yes panels. Probably Fire Lite and Silent Knight

Basically we are just getting into fire and looking for a line of panels we can standardize on. We plan on starting small but want to make sure we have a line we can grow into.

JR
Jose Ronquillo
Oct 26, 2018

I think Edwards is the way to go, has not had too much development but they have all way from small panels to large networked ones, Kidde owns them now 

(1)
UI
Nov 01, 2018

Here we seem to see a LOT of Honeywell, and I am just wondering why. Is it because they have been around so long they are just a standard?

I know there are some companies that make 3rd party devices like Gentex. Is there any limitation on Kidde or Honeywell on using these?

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions